What is your Magic Number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your Magic Number?

I saw an episode of Hoarders a few weeks back featuring a New York Couple that had at first estimate 90,000 books but when the cleaners came and started to work, the estimate went up to 500,000 books! I will never even come close to this but doing a quick count and adding in all of the preorders for the year, my number is a little over 700 books. I know plenty of you folks probably have more than that so, what is your Magic Number?
    Last edited by Tommy; 04-15-2013, 08:48 PM.

I have a better estimation of my vinyl (~300) and CD collection (~1600). Books... maybe 300, I've never really counted.

Comment

Wow! Massive music collection you got there, I bet there are a lot of mp3's you could add too?

I didn't include all the eBooks I have cause I didn't feel like organizing them

Comment

I've got 800 movie titles (DVD & BluRay); 79 laser disc movie titles; 1 VHS title (only because it isn't on DVD orBR); the books, I have never tried to count.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          I've got 800 movie titles (DVD & BluRay); 79 laser disc movie titles; 1 VHS title (only because it isn't on DVD orBR); the books, I have never tried to count.
          I'm intrigued, what is the VHS?

Comment

Long Gone staring William Peterson and Virginia Madsen before they became stars. A rowdy baseball comedy that is one of the best movies you've probably never seen. An early HBO film to which the orignal film elements were lost in a fire. I'm on my 4th VHS copy--they're getting scarce and expensive!
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Long Gone staring William Peterson and Virginia Madsen before they became stars. A rowdy baseball comedy that is one of the best movies you've probably never seen. An early HBO film to which the orignal film elements were lost in a fire. I'm on my 4th VHS copy--they're getting scarce and expensive!
              Probably cause you keep buying them and playing them to death

I also have bit of a movie collection, probably around 300+ DVD and Blu-ray. 90% of which are horror movies. And 1 VHS (yeah you're not the only one).

Comment

Sweet! I love obscure movies, since I don't have a VHS player any more, I found a download of this and will try to watch it tomorrow morning, sounds really good and since there is no distribution of it, it is almost like public domain

Comment

Cool! Post you comments in the "Last Movie" thread! I want to hear some other views on it other than my own. hahahahahahaha
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I have 216 books just from CD that's limited editions, Chap books and arcs. That does not include pre order books. And roughly 100 other limited editions from other publishers not including pre orders. Plus 100's of comics and paper back plus every Stephen King book in Hard cover. So I guess 3 is th magic number..

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      I have 216 books just from CD that's limited editions, Chap books and arcs. That does not include pre order books. And roughly 100 other limited editions from other publishers not including pre orders. Plus 100's of comics and paper back plus every Stephen King book in Hard cover. So I guess 3 is th magic number..
                      Why 3?

Comment

I am just short of 500, excluding preorders.

Comment

Around 150 collectible novels, around 400 mass market paperbacks. About 50 mass market Hardcovers. Not including preorders. Movies: around 600 dvds and about 60 vhs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                            Why 3?
                            Don't you remember school house rock? Every Saturday morning during cartoons.That was how I learned multiplication.Ahh...how I miss the late 70's.

Comment

Hmm, over 500 books not including preorders. I don't know the number of movies I have, I stopped counting a while ago but had around 500 when I did, and that was before BluRay was available as more than a prototype, lol. As for music, I also don't know that number, but it is very large and varied. And by very large I mean several hundred CDs, lol
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                              X