Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bookworm 1
    replied
    You are not alone in that one. Some of the stuff I have been reading the last few years makes me want to hide in a dark corner while I read it.
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    So, slowly I've been browsing through the different lists that goodreads has, and been adding those that stir my curiosity, etc...... I look at the "want to read"s I've been selecting and..... wow....I really enjoy some pretty messed up sh*t!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina Morgan
    replied
    Goodreads is giving away another signed copy of The Harvesting. I just read this one the other day and loved it. http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...the-harvesting

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Was just browsing giveaways on Goodreads and noticed CW's giving away a copy of Ad Nauseam, so of course I had to enter that one! Here's to hoping for a first win!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I decided to put only this year's TBR into my to read shelf. It looks less depressing that way.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    So, slowly I've been browsing through the different lists that goodreads has, and been adding those that stir my curiosity, etc...... I look at the "want to read"s I've been selecting and..... wow....I really enjoy some pretty messed up sh*t!!!!

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Haha, I keep on entering too and so far no luck. I think I'm about 0-30... Its got to work out eventually...

Oh, and by the way Squire, I replied to your post under my rating of "Reunion"... but then accidentally deleted your post...

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Well, I won a transistor radio on a radio station giveaway in 1986; then I won a copy of Tavern of the Dead in CD's Birthday Trivia giveaway last year. So I probably won't win anything again until 2038. But I keep entering!

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    I find one thing disappointing with goodreads giveaways - there are quite a few title I wanted to enter, but to spare my driver for bringing stuff over the border for me too much (can't abuse it...) I put my Canadian home address, and unfortunately, some will not ship to Canada.

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina Morgan
    replied
    Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    More wins eh???? Good job Sabrina! I have entered a lot, and nothing.
    I thought everyone wins on there. Truly I never win anything. My luck is so terrible that at my works last Xmas party they did a raffle for gifts. I never got called, since they had enough gifts for everyone they figured out that they just forgot to put mine in with the others. So I got whatever crap was left, no chances for the ipads, cameras, Bose stereo system or the really good gift certificates. I never win anything.
    I figured if I was winning, everyone must be winning.

Leave a comment:

• TJCams
    replied
    More wins eh???? Good job Sabrina! I have entered a lot, and nothing.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Wow you should go by a lotto ticket with the luck you have been having. Congrats.
    Originally posted by Sabrina Morgan View Post
    Hedda, you just have to keep entering for any giveaways that look interesting. You can search through them by genres, that's how I do it. Won two more since last post, one zombie book and one middle-grade book for my nieces.

Leave a comment:

• Sabrina Morgan
    replied
    Originally posted by Hedda Gabler View Post
    Son of a *****. How did you do this? I have been putting in for books since 2009 and I've won one book! Slowly, I'm trying to add all my read books out of my book journal. It's a slow process.
    Hedda, you just have to keep entering for any giveaways that look interesting. You can search through them by genres, that's how I do it. Won two more since last post, one zombie book and one middle-grade book for my nieces.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I did the librarian thing because of the lack of pictures of some titles, as well as fixing big mistakes (More so for that part). Either yesterday or the day before I had to fix the CD version of Full Dark, No Stars because some genius had changed the description to a foreign language even though it was supposed to be in English! I couldn't read a single word of it, lol

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    i'm seriously thinking of applying to be a librarian, just so I can add the proper descriptions and pics to the books on my lists.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Figured out how to edit the series info. It was right in front of my face of course, lol. Now to hope the proper book will show up in the add books part at some point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X