No announcement yet.

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm assuming classy is an adjective overused in the States to describe people from the UK, just as "honest" is an overused term for politicians the world over.

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
      I have a soft spot for British people.
      And thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
        Oh and here is a pic of the pond ...
        Wow, it's gorgeous. I love anything water related. Sounds like a great place to live.
        www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
          I'm assuming classy is an adjective overused in the States to describe people from the UK, just as "honest" is an overused term for politicians the world over.
          It's the accent-I'm sure you're just as demented as the rest of us
          http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Tell me, Who is that wrapped in chains at the bottom of that eerie-looking pond (just to the right of center towards the back of the photo) and more importantly, what hideous fiend of a creature is feeding on it? Or is it just me PONDering out loud?

Comment

Hi everyone

First of all my name is Dean, and I'm from the south east of England, UK.

I'm new to CD books, so was hoping to get a short list of belters for a newbie like me to get my eyes and brain stuck into!

Thanks in advance!

Comment

another fellow Ukonian! Welcome, Dean.

Comment

Welcome Dean!
                  Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Hi Dean: welcome!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Dungle View Post
                      First of all my name is Dean, and I'm from the south east of England, UK.

I'm new to CD books, so was hoping to get a short list of belters for a newbie like me to get my eyes and brain stuck into!

Thanks in advance!
                      Welcome to our cozy little asylum, Dean!

And I'll be the dumb one: I know a "belter" as a person who does not use proper technique when getting volume in his singing voice. I don't think this is what you meant, tho...
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Belter also means, great or very good. Like, "That story by Craig Wallwork called, 13, is a real belter!"

Comment

Hello All and Sundry

My name is Mike Hatchett and I came to CD by way of October Dreams and the Al Sarrantonio books. I came to my reading taste mostly through Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert E. Howard, Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, H.P. Lovecraft, Forrest J. Ackerman, C.S. Forester, Louis Lamour, Will Henry, Barry Saddler, John Norman, Karl Edward Wagner, Fritz Leiber, J.R.R., Manly Wade Wellman, Mary Stewart, Robert Heinlein, Andre Norton and many, many others, of course.
                          One of my Favorite horror stories, Pigeons From Hell. The University of Nebraska Press put out a quality collection of Howard's work about five years ago. I’m not much of a gore and Splatter guy. Once you’ve seen, felt and SMELLED Gore and Splatter, reading about it loses its appeal….strangely. But I do enjoy horror stories. I’ve been collecting since I was 14. A sentimental favorite is ERB’s The Lost Continent, previously published as beyond Thirty. A word of encouragement to folks that are having to part with their collections or books. I’ve had to sell my collection twice. Believe it or not, with perseverance, you’ll get them all back.
                          Odd collection twist, vintage Martial Arts magazines. Count Dante!! CD seems like a nice place to hang about and I look forward to getting to know Y’all.
                          Mike
                          Chaos 3/8 Cav, Richmond, VA

Comment

Welcome!
                            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Mike. Welcome to the land of the insomniac ac ac ac ac ac. You ought to know by now... SO do you write 'em as well as read 'em, Molly Hatchett (there I changed your name to an awesome group's name 'cause like we're an awesome group.) I wrote over 3500 words yesterday on my latest story and I'm zorched. Anyway welcome to the forum fold.

Comment

Working...
                                X