Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Wow, Tom, that's a lovely cottage.
    We don't have too many of those where I live.

sk
    2nd

Comment

Beautiful house!
      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
        Hey i'm Tom from the beautiful Peak District in the middle of England. Just moved into my own place with my girlfriend so its been a crazy yet fun 2 weeks ... here's a little pic

A nice little cottage built in the early 1800's i think and sits opposite a stream and loads of countryside. The stream leads into a pond that is right to the left of this pic and then a waterfall that leads down the valley and through the ruins of mills from the 1700's. Were very lucky to live there

I have been collecting books slowly for the past 5 years and have a reasonale collection that is mainly made up of Stephen King, Joe Hill, Carlos Ruiz Zafon and James Herbert. Love CD's books, the quality is right up there and i'm sure that there will be more books on the shelves by the end of the year.

Cheers
        Beautiful place. I have a pen-pal from England so I'm learning a little more about the place everyday.
        www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

What? Not a single question so far about whether Tom's cottage has a ghost or two?

Comment

Haha thanks for all of the compliments everyone ... i haven't seen any ghostly goings on so far but at night the place and surrounding area has an eerily atomosphere, especially as there are no lights apart from the moon and stars if the sky is clear!

Comment

Oh and here is a pic of the pond ...

Comment

Wow! So pretty!

Comment

I love it, Tom.
                  Someday I'll post some pictures of my typically Dutch neighbourhood...

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                    Oh and here is a pic of the pond ...
                    You live anywhere near Edale? I used to camp there as a kid and walk up Kinder Scout to the Downfall. Happy memories of getting lost as we walked back. I think we ended up near Snake's Pass. We were 15 years old. First time away from our parents. It was very "The Body" (Stand By Me), but without the dead kid. Though at one stage my friend Langy looked very cold on top of the mountain. He had icicles on his eyebrows.

Too, I went through hypnotherapy for a fear of flying. Part of the technique was imaging a place you felt very relaxed, your happy place. I imagined Edale, building a makeshift dam from rocks across the stream that runs in the valley. My wife and daughter were on the embankment watching on. It was NLP, and it worked.

Welcome!

Comment

Siep i would love to see some of the Netherlands which is one country i definately want to visit!

Carig - I live right near the town of Matlock if you have ever heard of it? Its on the other side of the Peak District and around 20 miles away from Edale

Comment

Matlock - yeah. Don't they have an amusement park there? I think I went to it.

Comment

Actually, I may be thinking of Drayton Manor Park. I think Matlock has Gulliver's Kingdom.

Comment

Thats right yeah we have a terrible amusement park for younger kids called Gulliver's, i like the area though, couldn't live in a busy city

Comment

Yes, moved to the sticks some time back myself. Live in a cottage too, in a small rural village in West Yorkshire. Backs onto farmland, so in the summer it's cows and the winter, sheep. We're close to a dam too which, when i can bothered, I go running around.

Lived in rough areas most of my life so getting into the countryside was like God turned the sound down on the world.

Comment

The Brits have invaded! AGHHHHH! J/K :P I have a soft spot for British people. You always seem much classier than the rest of us!
                                http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X