No announcement yet.

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stopped reading Koontz about 10 years ago when the books all felt the same and all seemed to have some supernatural answer to everything. I think his must read titles include:

Whispers
    Watchers
    Strangers
    Lightning
    Midnight
    Bad Place
    Dark Rivers of the Heart

Comment

I agree, the Bad Place wasn't among my favorite titles, but it was still pretty good. Also suggest The Husband, and Cold Fire. I read both of those 8-10 times I loved them so much.
      www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

Maybe I'll have to get The Husband. I'm pretty sure that's more recent and a good bit after I stopped buying his books.

Comment

Yeah, you should. Great book.
          www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

I believe two that I read were The Funhouse (as Owen West) and The House of Thunder (as Leigh Nichols). I think. I can't recall if there was a 3rd for sure.

Comment

House of Thunder was alright, not one of my favorites though. I haven't read the Funhouse.

Comment

The Funhouse....I only remember the Tobey Hooper film.
                Pretty intense.
                I never realized Koontz wrote the novelization of the screenply.

sk

Comment

If it makes you feel better I never knew there was a movie.

Comment

I've read all Koontz except the Odd Thomas series, The Good Guy, Frankenstein 4, and Your Heart Belongs to Me. I have everything but Odd Thomas' on my shelves waiting to be read. Don't know why, but never got around to picking them up.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                      I've read all Koontz except the Odd Thomas series, The Good Guy, Frankenstein 4, and Your Heart Belongs to Me. I have everything but Odd Thomas' on my shelves waiting to be read. Don't know why, but never got around to picking them up.
                      I think Odd Thomas and Frankenstein are his finest works-you should probably get those
                      Last edited by C.W. LaSart; 06-18-2011, 09:29 PM. Reason: spelling
                      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                        I think Odd Thomas and Frankenstein are his finest works-you shoud probably get those
                        Agree.
                        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I also agree, and I'm a long time fan. I like all of the Odd series, and Frankenstein 1 and 2 were good. 3 and 4 weren't as good as the rest of the series, I still need to read the last book.

Comment

Oh, man, I didn't know this thread existed. Hello to all! Me, I live in West Yorkshire, England, with my wife and 2 year old daughter. You'll note I'm always late for conversations due to the time difference. As a boy I enjoyed pugilism and illustration, cartoons mostly. As a young man, filmmaking and editing, the latter of which I did for 9 years. Now, I'm happy for a silent room and good book. I'm not teaching or studying a MFA. I haven't ’t won any awards for my writing and spend most of my time locked in small room berating myself for not trying harder.

I have three novels done. The first is terrible and the other two have just been sent out to publishers. Wish me luck. One is about a writer who falls in love with a teenager, and the other is about a man who knows he will die before he is 30 years old and so with the help of a woman who likes to masturbate a lot, they induce overdoses in manic depressives to help him overcome his fear of death.

The fourth novel I'm currently writing is called, Dog Mile, which is about a small rural town in Yorkshire that is occupied by the devil. There it rains for five years, people turn into trees and time is of no consequence so people from the turn of the century converse with those from the future.

My short stories have appeared in many journals and anthologies - Some of the places who have accepted my work are, May December, The Wrong Tree Review, Medulla Publishing, Beat the Dust, Dogmatika, Cherry Bleeds, Gold Dust Magazine, Jersey Devil Press and Thieves Jargon. In the summer I will feature alongside Craig Clevenger, Stephen Graham Jones, Brian Evenson, Craig Davidson and Vincent Louis Carrella in the anthology, Warmed and Bound.

I'll also have a zombie story released called Revenge of the Pussy Eaters, and a tale called, Human Tenderloin, about a group of cannibals who enjoy fine dining due to be released in the Fall.

My CD story, 13, is one of only three horror type stories I've written. The other two are The Hole and Heart & Soul published by Colored Chalk.

I’m more magical realism, absurdist and underbelly fiction than I am horror so I’m totally overwhelmed being here. But you all seem like a cool bunch of writers so thanks for not sticking the “kick me” sign on my back just yet.

web: www.craigwallwork.blogspot.com

Comment

I really like Odd Thomas, too, but when I started Forever Odd, I just couldn't get into it. I probably need to give it another try.

Comment

Originally posted by miki74 View Post
                                I probably need to give it another try.
                                Nah, not really....

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X