Video Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Actually that's the interesting thing about this one, they're doing something completely new and innovative with the single player. It's hard for me to explain though. Check out this week's episode of Feedback from G4, it's some pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58371/fee...y-black-ops-2/

Edit: Sadly it's really only the COD multiplayer I don't like. I think a lot of other shooters do a really good job of it, but COD forces you to either not be on voice comms with anyone or you have to be on with everyone. You can't be in your own party just playing with your friend and just talking with your friends. It really makes me mad, as if I wanted to play with a bunch of 10 year olds cussing me out, I'd play halo with voice comms on.... lol. That and I like large maps and COD was never very good with that.
    Thats why I love the Battlefield (especially BC2 and BF3) multiplayer modes.

I have Kingdoms of Amalur on ps3, really enjoyed it. Still not finished actually, as there is a whole bunch of stuff to do! Plus the dlc they are making for it looks really good.

Comment

I find the smaller maps better. more action. like watchamacallit in Black ops. Someone here should know the one I mean, I can't think of the name of it. Big maps are boring. I mostly like the midsized. Tiny maps like NUKETOWN (I can't believe I remembered it.) are only good for a few games here n there. the LARGE ones are boring because your walking around looking for someone to kill half the time. So I like them somwhere in between which is where most COD maps fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
        I find the smaller maps better. more action. like watchamacallit in Black ops. Someone here should know the one I mean, I can't think of the name of it. Big maps are boring. I mostly like the midsized. Tiny maps like NUKETOWN (I can't believe I remembered it.) are only good for a few games here n there. the LARGE ones are boring because your walking around looking for someone to kill half the time. So I like them somwhere in between which is where most COD maps fall.
        See that's where Battlefield adds to the big maps. You throw in a couple tanks, some jeeps, and a helicopter on each side, then you double the number of people in the game. If I remember correctly most COD rounds where like 12 person rounds, maybe 16. Battlefield it's something like 32 on the consoles and 64 players on the PC version of it. Makes for dynamic game play, plus there are a lot less cussing 12 year olds....
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

But Battlefield also does some really cool map divisions in some of the modes. Like Squad rush for example, that you have a really big map, but it's not open from the beginning. As the round progresses, you move to new parts of the map.

Comment

I think COD is 16, 8 n 8. something tells me that may have gone up to 10 v 10 in mw3. I never paid close enough attention to the nubmers. Also, I have never played Battlefield even though I wanted to. I dont like paying money for something that I might not like so I tend to stick with what I know.

Altho that idea with food is now out the friggin window. lol

Comment

I couldn't sit through the G4 crap, I got bored. I got the gist of it then just watched the trailer, which looks amazing. I think I might end up hating the futuristic stuff though. I hate all other games i've played that took place in the future. I like that the g4 guys said they were jumping back to the 80's ops missions to show how everything connects and effects(affects?), I think its effects, the future. Those are two words I could never get straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                I couldn't sit through the G4 crap, I got bored. I got the gist of it then just watched the trailer, which looks amazing. I think I might end up hating the futuristic stuff though. I hate all other games i've played that took place in the future. I like that the g4 guys said they were jumping back to the 80's ops missions to show how everything connects and effects(affects?), I think its effects, the future. Those are two words I could never get straight.
                Yea it takes place in both time lines. The really cool thing about it is that they are bringing some choice consequences into the game. So depending how you play the campaign you could get a different story progression than someone else. It's kinda hard to explain. Basically they are pulling some standard RPG features into the game, except they wouldn't even necessarily be noticeable choices. It's really cool and fairly innovative for a FPS.

Edit: On a side note, I wish DICE would make a new Battlefield 2142. That was probably my all time favorite FPS. Titan mode was the shit.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

No need to explained the choices thing, lots of games have been doing that for a few years now, including GTA. first I have heard of it in a FPS though. I am NOT waiting in line like I did for MW3 though. Frig that, stood in line for an hour and a half and only that short because I cut in line. lol. Woulda preordered it from futureshop yesterday but I'm not spending money. So keep that in mind and make sure CD's doesn't send me any offers I can't refuse. lol

Comment

Got my energy drinks and junk food all set. Game preinstalled. I'll be settling down sometime after 11 pm on monday and waiting patiently for the servers to go live. 1 minute after midnight its Diablo 3 time!!!! I was supposed to have Tuesday off, but something came up and I had to move my day off to Wednesday. So I had to change my original plan of playing all night from server launch until Tuesday afternoon. Now I'll be playing until around 3 am, catching 4 hours of sleep, going to work in zombie mode and living off of coffee. Then its home sweet home and play time.

I already worked a deal out with the wife that when I get home from work I don't have to do a single thing as well as on my day off. I sense that this will be costing me quite a bit. I already forgot what I agreed to as as soon as I got the ok, my thoughts started to drift away to a world filled with hellish minions and legendary weapons...

Comment

Don't you remember? You agreed to the Brazillian full-body wax from Vincente followed immediately by the serrano and jalepeno oil body massage by Olga the Olympic gold medalist Russian weightlifter. Have fun playing Diablo III and we'll see your next life!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

It's Olga the medal winning weight lifter from eastern Germany.

Comment

Anyone excited for Max Payne 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                            It's Olga the medal winning weight lifter from eastern Germany.
                            No. Olga, the Russian men's weightlighting champion!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                                Anyone excited for Max Payne 3?
                                I am! 2 was great, loved the story and the dark mood of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X