Video Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
    maybe your thinking Uncharted 3?, because i don't think they had any sort of public demo yet.
    It wasnt uncharted. that part of the video where someone is held hostage...I remember it being a cut scene and then it went into playing and I didnt like the controls and turned it off right away. the controls were much like uncharted though. I hate third person in general. Only gta i like in third and wish it wasnt

Comment

I gained a new respect for first person type games with Black Ops. I was never much of a fan of them. I loved the GTA type games, especially Uncharted, Dead Space, and inFamous - all great games (even though I think God of War is my #1). I had Bio Shock at one point, and couldn't get into it - I think because it was the FPS type game. I would love to give it another shot now, but I traded in, so...guess that won't be happening.

Although right now, I don't have time for gaming - only playing NHL13 and occasionally Black Ops (first one). I still have to get back in and restart Dead Space and finish it.

Comment

The bioshock games are great. If you can find one cheap, it's definitely worth it.

Comment

I have been playing "Dead Island" its fun but both times I played thru I got to a point near the end and got stopped. Its a point where you have to protect a character and he won't leave this village till you clear it, your weapons get damaged as you use them, so even though it restarts you there when you get killed, there are no previous saves to go back to. So eventually you have no weapons and if you leave the village they kill the person you were protecting. Plus usually when you die the zombies that you killed are still dead, but at this spot they are all back alive when you resurrect. Oh well on to the next game "Rage"
          If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
            The bioshock games are great. If you can find one cheap, it's definitely worth it.
            Yeah! Finished up the first one over the weekend. Loved it! Great game story wise. I was able to play it spoiler free, which made it even better, so the twist and turns in the story were a complete surprise when they happened.

Comment

From a GoG giveaway I won "Men of War: Vietnam." Don't know much about it, but free is always good!

Comment

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Every one needs to get this THQ bundle!

Comment

Well...I already have Titan Quest, and have beaten it with all character combos multiple times--most through Legendary. But this thread cracks me up because while y'all are going on about FPSs and everything new, I still play PS3's Ratchet & Clank and Jak and Daxter collections. Something around my speed!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I really really really wish I had more time for gaming. Hard enough getting quality reading time in. My PS3 game selection is miniscule at best. I traded in a few for NHL13, and it's that and the first Black Ops that I am playing right now. I still have to finish Dragon Age and Dead Space (first one). At this stage of my life, with all that's on my plate, it's crazy! Wife is working afternoon shift, daughter is finishing grade 8. Coaching hockey (daughter plays with the boys).

Although, being one who grew up with a Colecovision and the C64 a buddy had - gaming has been a big part of my life, and always will be. Had a kid on my hockey team last year say "....wow, I've never heard of guy your age playing Black Ops"

And yet, I've played some awesome games! From the old Ladybug, DK jr, Zaxxon on the coleco, to the summer/winter games on the C64 (which despite the horrible graphics - were excellent - still haven't made a game as good), to some cool PC games, and then playing stuff like Manhunt II on PS2 - one of my top favourite games by the way. Getting to play stuff like God Of War (I & II)....loved Heavy Rain too - one of the few games I've played more than once all the way through. Another one I loved, and want to play the latest 2 releases, was Uncharted - fantastic!

Sorry guys/gals.....got a little carried away!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      Well...I already have Titan Quest, and have beaten it with all character combos multiple times--most through Legendary. But this thread cracks me up because while y'all are going on about FPSs and everything new, I still play PS3's Ratchet & Clank and Jak and Daxter collections. Something around my speed!
                      I play those as well Squire! Great games! Would love to get an HD release of Crash Bandicoot as well!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                        I play those as well Squire! Great games! Would love to get an HD release of Crash Bandicoot as well!
                        Man, I loved Crash. I'd spend hours playing it, and found it hard to give up the controller to my niece when it was her turn.

Comment

Man, my ps + subscription has been throwing so many games at me its crazy!! Just want to lock myself in my man cave and play all day!

Also borrowed XCOM from a friend, and it has been pretty cool so far.

Comment

Sorry, if I missed it but has anyone checked out, The Walking Dead game from Telltale Games? It is mostly a point and click style of games with some timed events. The strengths of the game - it is told in 5 chapters - is the strong writing, superior voice work, engrossing story which forces you to make some hard choices, and excellent characterizations.

I connected more to the characters in this game than the TV show.

Highly recommended.

Comment

Point and click games can be awesome. I remember the original "Clock Tower" was extremely intense! And a game called "Darkfall: The Journal" was also an intense experience.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I got a gift card for Christmas, so ordered Dungeon Seige 3; and on GoG I won "Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare." Whoo!

Comment

Working...
                                X