Video Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Don't you remember? You agreed to the Brazillian full-body wax from Vincente followed immediately by the serrano and jalepeno oil body massage by Olga the Olympic gold medalist Russian weightlifter. Have fun playing Diablo III and we'll see your next life!
    Don't worry, I won't be spending any less time on the forum. Still have work for forum time...

Just 3 hours until servers launch (EU)!

Comment

Well I just got into the DUST closed beta!!! Though it's only open on weekends and I'm not home my next 2-3 weekends... At least I'll get to play it tonight and tomorrow morning before I leave. Though I can't really talk about the game itself though, had to agree to a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
        Anyone excited for Max Payne 3?
        Oh yeah! I still love to play the first two. These days, though, I tend to research games before rushing out to get them, but it's definitely on my list. Certainly seems to have gotten a better reception than Diablo III.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
          Oh yeah! I still love to play the first two. These days, though, I tend to research games before rushing out to get them, but it's definitely on my list. Certainly seems to have gotten a better reception than Diablo III.
          Sure, Diablo III is flawed. There are many areas of the game they need to work on and if they really want this game to last for years just like DII, they really need to get their act together.

But in all honesty, I don't really care (YET). I'm a loot whore. I just love the shiny weapons and armor that drop when I smash some evil to demon to pieces. And the sound of a dropping gem is music to my ears!

And congrats Dan on the Dust beta.

Comment

Every game is flawed when it comes out. Most times it's not even worth playing until the first patch hits. But I just don't like the idea of having to be online just to play a single player game. But I'm a loot whore, too, when I play these games. (I'm a hack-and-slash kinda guy.)
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Hack and Slash!! I love those guys. They play the Renaissance Festival here every year.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I'm partial to Puke-and-Snot down here at the KC RennFest!
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Here's probably the best article about a video game I've ever read. I know the game probably won't interest most people, but this article does a really fantastic job of explaining why this game is special.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/...rious-business
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Every game is flawed when it comes out. Most times it's not even worth playing until the first patch hits. But I just don't like the idea of having to be online just to play a single player game. But I'm a loot whore, too, when I play these games. (I'm a hack-and-slash kinda guy.)
                    Yeah, the online requirement pisses me off. There should be separate single player and separate online play. Who cares how much someone hacks and mods a single payer game where it will only effect that one player. Keep the online play controlled and on the servers, but let the single player game be what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                      Sure, Diablo III is flawed. There are many areas of the game they need to work on and if they really want this game to last for years just like DII, they really need to get their act together.

But in all honesty, I don't really care (YET). I'm a loot whore. I just love the shiny weapons and armor that drop when I smash some evil to demon to pieces. And the sound of a dropping gem is music to my ears!

And congrats Dan on the Dust beta.
                      Yeah, me too! I still love 1 and 2. I will most likely get 3 someday, but only if the price ever drops (pun intended).

I'm also a Guild Wars junkie, and sometimes I'll just run around with no purpose, killing things and hoping for good drops (like black dye - always a joyous occasion, simply because people pay a lot of money for them!). I'm sure there's much better stuff, but I'm stuck in Pre-Searing for now 'cause I'm also a title whore and there's a title that can only be gotten by hitting level 20 before moving on, and I must have it.

Comment

I just went old-school and got Sacred Gold.

Looking forward to Guild Wars 2 as well.

Comment

Sacred Gold is a lot of fun. Don't try to do all the quests in a certain area, they keep respawning using different NPC characters. I filled 20 pages of quests from the first chapter and they still kept coming. Look for shortcuts to areas of different chapters (you have to go through all chapters to finish the game, but it allows to get better weapons. And above all, DON'T DIE!!! There's something called "Survival Bonus" in the game, took me awhile to get used to it. It's basically how long you've been alive "in battle" not "in game" and when you die it resets to 0. It's sort of a luck score, it gives you a small chance to get better trreasure, but it also makes the game harder with tougher monsters. The monsters will progress as you progress (up to a certain level per area), but SB raises that bar. To put it in perspective, tho, 100% SB will take you about 600 hrs in battle time. I've got a 98.4 % SB character and I've got over 9 months playing time in the game. I you really want to, get some super armor, go to the first area and let a bunch of weakling beat on you and walk away for a week. Or hack the game and raise it yourself!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Really enjoyed Journey. You undergo an emotional voyage yourself playing that game. Available online only at the Playstation store.

Just finished the first chapter of The Walking Dead game. Far more enjoyable than anything the show has done, besides the pilot. It is done in comic book graphic styles and works wonderfully. This is not a shooter but a game where you have to make choices that ripple through the rest of the game. Save Character A or Character B kind of choices. Pretty slick.

Pecking away at Portal 2, Alan Wake, and Heavy Rain as well.

Have both the 360 & PS3. Find both useful for streaming media to watch on TV.

And Dan that Eve game looks awesome indeed.

Comment

Sacred Gold is a lot of fun. Don't try to do all the quests in a certain area, they keep respawning using different NPC characters. I filled 20 pages of quests from the first chapter and they still kept coming. Look for shortcuts to areas of different chapters (you have to go through all chapters to finish the game, but it allows to get better weapons. And above all, DON'T DIE!!! There's something called "Survival Bonus" in the game, took me awhile to get used to it. It's basically how long you've been alive "in battle" not "in game" and when you die it resets to 0. It's sort of a luck score, it gives you a small chance to get better trreasure, but it also makes the game harder with tougher monsters. The monsters will progress as you progress (up to a certain level per area), but SB raises that bar. To put it in perspective, tho, 100% SB will take you about 600 hrs in battle time. I've got a 98.4 % SB character and I've got over 9 months playing time in the game. I you really want to, get some super armor, go to the first area and let a bunch of weakling beat on you and walk away for a week. Or hack the game and raise it yourself!
                              Cool. Thanks. I got killed once already by a bear, but right now I'm just in the "seeing what it's like" phase so I'm sure I'll start over once I have a better grasp.

Comment

Sacred was a great game! I didn't like 2 so much though.

And Journey is one I really would like to play as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X