Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, not my entry unfortunately.

Comment

Does anyone here watch Dr. Who? I'm new to the series. I felt like it was one of those pop culture things I should be aware of, so I went into the first season with the idea that I would give it a season. Depending on my thoughts and feelings, I would decide whether I moved onto the next season. The first season was iffy. I wasn't that into the Dr. (Eccleston) and I felt like the sets and plots were a grown-up version of H.R. Pufnstuf--which sucked. BUT, I was assured that Tennant was THE MAN, so I hung in there for Season 2. I loved David. And, the look of the show and the story lines definitely improved.

I have continued to the point, I'm now on Season 6. Matt Smith is growing on me, but I miss David. He was so good. The companions have their moments, but so far, I think I like Donna the best.

Anyone here see the really old Doctor Who's? Back in the 60s? I wish I could watch those. Anyway, any thoughts or comments would be interesting.
      "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Boy, if you think the new sets and plots were like H.R. Puf'nstuf, then you don't want to see the old versions. The production values then were so low, they were almost negative. I was never into Dr. Who, but have seen a few episodes.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

No, just Season 1 reminded me of that. After that, it did get better. For some reason, I can cut old shows some slack on their productions. I guess the nostalgia factor kicks in. But, newer stuff, with everything that's available to filmmakers today -- they should do better. Although, CGI can totally f up a good show.
          "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Some Dexter news:

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/122/1223639p1.html

Comment

I grew up with the good Doctor (he's been around nearly as long as I have, going on 50 years) and he's (in all his incarnations) very much like an old friend. Yep, the pre-reboot series (ie- before 2000) were produced on a 1/2 shoe string budget, and some of the plots were woeful (and, of course, the SFX budget was next to zero) however, these are the factors that make it endearing to so many, me included Oh, and Tom Baker is my personal favourite Doctor thus far !!!

Comment

I actually preferred the Doctor from Season 1 of the reboot over the others. The 2nd Doctor was good, I just like the 1st one a bit better. I kinda fell off on the latest season though, just couldn't keep up with it and kinda lost interest. It got super dark too. I might try and catch up though eventually.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                X