Martin's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Very nice looking books. The Gauntlet production looks way nicer than I expected. It looks like a very interesting book. Congrats!
    I wished they had used a nicer paper but the contents are worth the price of admission for me. For the price a slipcase would have been nice as well.

Comment

Well Mr. Jeffingoff spent some of my money for me recently. I am kind of a sucker for books about Stephen King's work and am very interested in the Dollar Baby's produced from his work. A recent unboxing of his included a book I had not heard of.

Stephen King Dollar Baby: The Book by Anthony Northrup:
      I will give my observations after the photo's
      DSC_0578.JPGDSC_0579.JPG

Comment

Interior images from Dollar Baby:
        DSC_0580.JPGDSC_0581.JPGDSC_0582.JPGDSC_0583.JPGDSC_0585.JPG

Comment

More interior images and my thoughts:
          DSC_0586.JPGDSC_0587.JPGDSC_0588.JPGDSC_0589.JPGDSC_0590.JPGDSC_0591.JPG
          My thoughts. The content appears to be fantastic. I have read a little and it looks to be very interesting. The book itself is basically a softbound book with a hardcover. I have concerns about how it will hold up under reading, hopefully these are unfounded. It has bright white paper which I am not a fan of but that is my preference and the paper quality is good.

I do wish it listed all Dollar Baby's produced, even those not covered in the book. I know of at least one that is missing because I once had a personal website with the domain Gothamcafe.com and I sold it to a person who was about to begin showing the dollar baby of Lunch at the Gotham Cafe at film festivals. I do not know how many others are missing.

At near $40 it is over priced for the materials used but I am glad I have it!

Comment

Lividian Publications 20th Century Ghosts:
            DSC_0540.JPGDSC_0541.JPGDSC_0542.JPGDSC_0543.JPGDSC_0544.JPG

Comment

More 20th Century Ghosts:
              DSC_0545.JPGDSC_0546.JPGDSC_0547.JPGDSC_0548.JPG
              This book is absolutely stunning! Lividian Publications may be producing the most bang for you book in the small press industry. Can't wait to see what is coming in the future.

Comment

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Centipede Press:
                This was a very expensive book but is definitely worth every penny.
                DSC_0516.JPGDSC_0517.JPGDSC_0518.JPGDSC_0519.JPGDSC_0520.JPGDSC_0521.JPG

Comment

More Something Wicked:
                  DSC_0522.JPGDSC_0523.JPGDSC_0524.JPGDSC_0525.JPGDSC_0526.JPGDSC_0527.JPG

Comment

And more Something Wicked:
                    DSC_0528.JPGDSC_0529.JPGDSC_0530.JPGDSC_0531.JPGDSC_0532.JPG
                    Attached Files

Comment

A little more from Something Wicked:
                      DSC_0534.JPGDSC_0535.JPGDSC_0536.JPGDSC_0537.JPGDSC_0538.JPGDSC_0539.JPG
                      This book is simply stunning. I could take pictures all day but there is no way a photo can do justice to the artistry of the book!

Comment

Wow. I love all that goodness. Looks like a fantastic production. Congrats.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Congrats on scoring the red Lividian box. I thought that was a nice touch.

Comment

Wow!

That edition of Something Wicked looks gorgeous!

B

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                              Wow. I love all that goodness. Looks like a fantastic production. Congrats.
                              Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                Congrats on scoring the red Lividian box. I thought that was a nice touch.
                                I had no idea that it was unique to Patreon subscribers until I saw on here that others were not getting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X