Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Love the Doctor Sleep. Congrats!
    I went in thinking there was a good chance I would get a duplicate so I was very pleased to get one I did not have!

Comment

So I have been re-organizing my bookcases. I have been missing 5 King Trade Hardbound books. I periodically look for copies but have made no real effort in a while. So I decided to see what I could find online and secured all 5 for reasonable prices. All but one are 1st/1st and the one that is not is 1st/3rd.
      Here is what I added:
      • The Dead Zone 1st/1st
      • Danse Macabre 1st/1st
      • Different Seasons 1st/1st
      • The Bachman Books 1st/3rd
      • My Pretty Pony 1st Trade Printing
      All are in pretty good shape for their age.
      IMG_0978~photo.JPG

Comment

The Dead Zone and Danse Macabre:
        IMG_0980~photo.JPG
        IMG_0981~photo.JPG
        IMG_0982~photo.JPG

IMG_0983~photo.JPG
        IMG_0984~photo.JPG
        IMG_0987~photo.JPG

Comment

Different Seasons and The Bachman Books:
          IMG_0988~photo.JPG
          IMG_0989~photo.JPG

IMG_0990~photo.JPG
          IMG_0991~photo.JPG
          IMG_0992~photo.JPG
          IMG_0993~photo.JPG

Comment

My Pretty Pony:
            IMG_0994~photo.JPG
            IMG_0995~photo.JPG
            IMG_0996~photo.JPG

Comment

Nice pick ups, Martin. They can be had for sure if you're too picky about condition for reasonable prices. I still need to add a pony back myself.

Comment

Nice pick ups, Martin. They can be had for sure if you're too picky about condition for reasonable prices. I still need to add a pony back myself.
                Thanks. These were 'good enough' for my needs. Nice to have the King Trade Hardbacks set complete. I will list out what are not 1st/1st next and then gradually replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Thanks. These were 'good enough' for my needs. Nice to have the King Trade Hardbacks set complete. I will list out what are not 1st/1st next and then gradually replace them.
                  Most welcome. I meant to type if you're "not" too picky. I'd say those books of mine are probably VG+ or better. I still need Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining, the original The Stand just to name a few.

Comment

Most welcome. I meant to type if you're "not" too picky. I'd say those books of mine are probably VG+ or better. I still need Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining, the original The Stand just to name a few.
                    I have all those but am not sure any are 1st/1st, the only one that may be is 'Salem's Lot. It appears my 1st/1st of the Green Mile hardcover is on a box somewhere, other than that one my cases are set-up. I moved the Dark Tower books to another case and I have room for 3 or 4 more books by King before I have to start storing them in other cases.

Unfortunately My Pretty Pony is just a tad too tall for these cases so it is with the Doubleday CD books.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have all those but am not sure any are 1st/1st, the only one that may be is 'Salem's Lot. It appears my 1st/1st of the Green Mile hardcover is on a box somewhere, other than that one my cases are set-up. I moved the Dark Tower books to another case and I have room for 3 or 4 more books by King before I have to start storing them in other cases.

Unfortunately My Pretty Pony is just a tad too tall for these cases so it is with the Doubleday CD books.
                      I have both the US and UK 'Salem's Illustration editions but I don't believe I've ever owned a true 1st. Like you, I don't actively seek out the older King books that I'm missing but will pick some up from classified ads now and again on the forums. Most of my passion these days is towards Hill collecting. Not as valuable but way more affordable.

Comment

I have both the US and UK 'Salem's Illustration editions but I don't believe I've ever owned a true 1st. Like you, I don't actively seek out the older King books that I'm missing but will pick some up from classified ads now and again on the forums. Most of my passion these days is towards Hill collecting. Not as valuable but way more affordable.
                        I am definitely more focused on Hill these days. I actually have my Lake Champlain sheet out for framing right now. Have two possible places to hang it when I get it back, it has been in a tube since it was released.

Comment

Congrats on completing the King HC set!
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Fantastic adds, Martin. I'm not a completist in most of my collecting. And for that, I'm grateful. Because if my brain insisted on it, I'd be on an endless hunt. I'll just enjoy vicariously!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              Congrats on completing the King HC set!
                              Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                                Fantastic adds, Martin. I'm not a completist in most of my collecting. And for that, I'm grateful. Because if my brain insisted on it, I'd be on an endless hunt. I'll just enjoy vicariously!
                                Thanks. I am generally not a completist either. Completing the King trade hardbound set actually became a thing when the King cases were set up. My wife asked if I had everything and I explained that there were a few I did not have. She could not understand how I could have this wall of books yet have a few not included. With that I began looking casually to complete the set. With the bookcase resets I am doing I decided to see if I can finalize this within reason and it worked out.
                                Last edited by Martin; 07-09-2020, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X