No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bev Vincent's "The Road to the Dark Tower", also from CD.

Picture 012.jpgPicture 013.jpgPicture 014.jpg
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Picture 015.jpg
      Picture 016.jpg
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Great stuff! "The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance" by Robin Furth is one that I would really really like to have!

Comment

"The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book" from CD. With remarque and signature by Glenn Chadbourne.

Picture 017.jpgPicture 018.jpg

Comment

Very cool stuff.Me want some of those that I do not have.

Comment

Very nice editions, Terry; some I wish I had (but I came too late to CD)--The Furth book, of course, is no longer complete (though I still want one) and the Unpublished and Uncollected has been updated.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Hey thats right! Maybe RObin will do an update to include TWTTK and then maybe a re-release will be set up by CD?

Comment

And finally "Lilja's Library" from CD, the trade version.

Picture 019.jpg

Comment

This is my only signed edition from Jonathan Carroll. I've only read a few of his books (but I think I have a copy of all of them) and he is a wonderful writer. My initial recommendation came from Neil Gaiman being a huge fan. This is a limited edition of the story "The Heidelberg Cylinder" with cover art, and also signed by Dave McKean. The back came out blurry, but it has recommendations from Neil Gaiman, Michael Moorcock, and Stephen King.

Picture 020.jpgPicture 021.jpgPicture 022.jpg

Comment

You had me at Michael Moorcock! Now I must search Jonathon Carroll.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

You know that mention was directed straight at you, right?

His first book, "The Land of Laughs" is a great place to start. He has some characters recur in many books (usually a primary character in one making a small appearance in another) but I don't think it's necessary to read them in order. I also really liked "From the Teeth of Angels" and "The Marriage of Sticks".

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                          You know that mention was directed straight at you, right?
                          I figured.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Very nice additions, Terry!
                            Did you actually read the Lilja book?
                            I did: a tad too positive..to put it mildly. I don't think Lilja criticises anything King has done. It's recommendations non-stop.
                            Now, of course, I'd recommend anything King as written as well, but I wouldn't devote a book to this.

sk

Comment

I haven't read the Lilja book, but have followed his web site for the past couple years, and you're right, he does seem to love everything. But the guy is a great fountain of information, and one of the biggest King fans in the world.

Comment

What makes one of the biggest fans, I wonder..
                                A huge collection? Having read all the books? Having met King? Having at least 100 signed books? Operating a King website?
                                I honestly don't know.
                                All of the above?
                                None of the above?
                                I think it's all about the inside. How do you feel about King's legacy.
                                And not being afraid to criticise....:-)

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X