No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in awe of those Donaldson volumes. I'm not much into bookclub editions, but I've never seen those first two volumes. I just have to track those down!
    And, that Batman promo poster is even more impressive - worth framing!

sk

Comment

Awesome, awesome, awesome 1000 times over! I think a lot of people tried their hands after LOTR, Shannara, and Covenant! (mine became campaign maps for D&D and have bee lost in time, like tears in rain--couldn't resist that last bit!) and If I remember correctly the first TC series started out as a Book CLub original publication (could be wrong tho.)
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Awesome map Terry! Like the art piece as well!

And Squire, that tears in the rain bit is touching, really.

Comment

Another comic store promo item, a counter stand-up. Always liked this one. And it's from one of my favorite scenes of "The Dark Knight Returns".

book20 013.jpg
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
            Awesome map Terry! Like the art piece as well!
            I might just have to post some closeups. I put an awful lot of detail in; suprised myself.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

And finally today, the first ever Marvel/DC comics joint collaboration. Most people would think it would be the Superman/Spiderman, but this predated that.

book20 014.jpg

Comment

And Squire, that tears in the rain bit is touching, really.
                Too bad it's not original!
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

That Marvel/DC collaboration was not one I was aware of. Would have said Spiderman/Superman myself!

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                    And with the map is one of my very few pieces of original art. This is one of the creature races from the book as realized by Jerry Bingham. He's probably best known for "Batman: Son of the Demon" (in which Batman actually gets it on with Talia al-Ghul) and a wonderful comics adaptation of "Beowulf". I think he was living in the Baltimore area when Son of the Demon came out and was at the store for an autograph session. I described the creature and he had this done in no time. I imagined the creature as about 9' tall, but changed my thinking based on this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7377[/ATTACH]
                    Really great piece here Terry - I'm always appreciative of the art I see out here on the forum, in its many and varied forms (and, hey, love the childrens book too - I envy anyone that's creative like that - don't think I have a single creative bone in my whole freaking body)

Comment

But you sure do have the collectors bone!

Comment

But you sure do have the collectors bone!
                        Oh, yes! And the wife wishes it could be surgically removed!

Comment

Mine to. Nice comic collectables.
                          Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                          Oh, yes! And the wife wishes it could be surgically removed!

Comment

I just wish it had an off button that I could press sometimes.

Comment

Wouldn't matter, it's probably broken anyway (both the bone and the button)

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                                Wouldn't matter, it's probably broken anyway (both the bone and the button)
                                Ain't that the truth!

Comment

Working...
                                X