No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now a couple from Subterranean. Here's the 10th anniversary gift edition of "The Green Mile". It's nice to have the individual chapters in hardback, especially since my original paperbacks disappeared years ago.

book17 015.jpgbook17 016.jpg
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Subterranean's hardback limited edition of "Stephen King Goes to the Movies". This book wasn't too impressive, especially since all 5 stories were reprints and the "new" commentaries by King on each movie was only a page or 2 long. But this is the only hardback copy of a paperback original.

book17 017.jpgbook17 018.jpg
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

As an added bonus, Subterranean gave credit to early purchasers by listing them as "extras" in the back of the book. All you had to do was select which Stephen King work you'd like to be associated with. It looks like about 200 names made it, including yours truly. I'm 6th in Salem's Lot, which was my introduction to Stephen King. I knew of Carrie from the movie, and my mother had read "The Shining", but it was the 1979 Salem's Lot miniseries with David Soul, James Mason, and Lance Kerwin that sparked an interest which has burned ever since. I see fellow forum member Nik Houser here, and few famous names such as Stephen King, Rocky Wood, Hans-Ake Lilja, and William Schafer (the publisher of Subterranean).

book17 020.jpgbook17 019.jpgbook17 022.jpgbook17 023.jpg

Comment

I really like that Green Mile set; I still have the original pb serial chapters, but I want to replace them.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

That edition was limited to 2000, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. The signed/numbered was 148, and there was a lettered edition, too.

Comment

Its actually the 10Th. Green mile set that I hate you for.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                Its actually the 10Th. Green mile set that I hate you for.
                Wow! I thought for sure it would be the chance to meet the man himself (for the second time) and 2 versions of 1 title that are signed.

I just checked and abebooks has a set. And it's only $30 higher than the original price. Go ahead and get it and we can hate each other equally.

Comment

Love the Green Mile Set. Now I must control myself and not go hunting for it!

Awesome that your name is in the book and that you got to meet King!

Comment

I'm waiting on the first edition set someone supposed to pick up for me. Still trying not to spend money so don't tempt me terry. Will be looking for an apartment soon and won't be able to afford shit all then

Comment

Wait, so not a house any more Teri?

Comment

Love the new posts.Real nice stuff.

Comment

And while looking for a copy of "The Green Mile" set for you guys I found some history and Sub did the same listing thing in the back of Book 6. I just checked my copy for "Those Who Walked the Green Mile" and found my name in that one too. I'd forgotten all about that. Pictures tomorrow. There are a ton more names in this one, but I did see a certain Mr. Chizmar and a certain Mr. Freeman that we all know and love.

Comment

I think we may have a copy of The Green Mile set. I can check tomorrow if someone's looking for one.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Here are a couple pages of "Those Who Walked the Green Mile", and the cover of vol. 6. The last page turned out super blurry, but my name is just left of Jingles (honest it really is!) The first page has quite a few familiar names left of the picture, and check the bottom right of the 2page spread.

BOOK18 001.jpgBOOK18 002.jpgBOOK18 003.jpgBOOK18 004.jpg

Comment

Awesome, Terry!!

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X