No announcement yet.

TerryE's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That and Your Right have gotten me through 20 years of marriage.
    Originally posted by jhanic View Post
    I've been married almost 45 years. I've discovered the two words that are the secret to a long marriage:

"Yes, dear"

John

Comment

I really like those post cards.Have you thought about framing them?They would make a neat peace of wall art.

Comment

Great stuff! Love your King books! Wish I could get my collection all in hardcovers! (working on it!)

Comment

Thanks all. My King collection is a point of great pride for me. I just wish my other half could learn to appreciate it the same way. Even after all this time, I'm still convinced she'll give everything to Goodwill if I suddenly snuff it. As it is she wants me to throw out all the books that are stored in boxes in the back of the house.

cdfan: The Plant is just in a regular binder cover. I've got a three-hole punch from an old, old job and used that to make nice even holes. It was quite easy.
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Only missing DM in hard cover.Not high on my list but one day I will get a copy in hardcover.
            Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
            Great stuff! Love your King books! Wish I could get my collection all in hardcovers! (working on it!)

Comment

Now that you mention it, bookworm, I think my "Danse Macabre" is a reissue trade paperback. I have to check the shelf. I thought the reissue was in hardback, but I don't remember.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Thanks, BW! You made me look, and now I have to find Danse Macabre in hardcover. Hey, Squire just got one. Maybe he'd let it go for $10 or $15, or maybe an even trade for my paperback, if I pay for the postage on both.

Comment

Squire's a good guy, I think he'd just give it to you so you could replace your pb. That is if he wasn't giving dm to me first.

Comment

Back to the books. Here's the pop-up book version of "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon". The adaptation and art were good, but the design work and engineering were outstanding.

book11 001.jpgbook11 002.jpgbook11 003.jpgbook11 004.jpg

Comment

This sequence show how they put more story into the book by layering pages within the page, even with more pop-up work. And this is done on almost every page.

book11 006.jpgbook11 007.jpgbook11 008.jpg

Comment

The Dark Tower Set, trade hardbacks, matching design by Scribner's/Grant (the reading copies). If I remember right the first four were reissued in the marketing blitz leading up to the release of the last 3.

book11 009.jpg

Comment

This next sequence is for Mr. Wooten. Multiple states of 1 book. (The most I have of any) I've already posted the second print that I got from CD as a gift at the library event with Rich. Here is the trade hardback from Scribner.

book11 010.jpg

Comment

Second printing from CD (the library edition) with slipcase and remark by Glenn Chadbourne.

book11 011.jpgbook11 012.jpg

Comment

1st printing from CD. With the dustjacket spread out, just for a different look (it's getting kinda redundant, isn't it?)

book11 014.jpgbook11 013.jpg

Comment

The Lonely Roads Books edition, with signed King baseball card. I've got to say, Brian and Rich (and anyone else at CD/LRB that was involved in this decision), this was a great great way to present the signature.

book11 015.jpg
                                book11 016.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X