No announcement yet.

Patrick's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the kind comments, guys. I'll post more photos next week when I get back home.

Comment

I don't particularly read Dean Koontz, except for his Odd Thomas series, of which I am a big fan.

Here is my Advanced Readers Copy of ODD THOMAS, the first in the series.

Here is my signed 1st/1st of ODD THOMAS.

(The scratchy look is from the brodart protector, not on the dustjacket itself.)

Copyright page. First edition, first printing.

Money shot:

Last edited by Patrick; 11-14-2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Here is the Signed Limited edition of ODD THOMAS produced by Charnel House:

Book on the left, its slipcase under and to the right:

Endpapers designed to tie in to the story:

Text block pages also designed to tie in to the story:

Signature page at the back of the book. As you can see, this is #429 of 500:

Comment

Here is a 1st/1st of the second book in the Odd Thomas series, FOREVER ODD, inscribed to me.

1st edition/1st printing:

I am quite thankful that another collector alerted me to the opportunity to have Koontz inscribe the book.

Comment

Here is the Signed Limited edition of FOREVER ODD, the second book in the Odd Thomas series, produced by Charnel House:

Book on the left, its slipcase under and to the right:

Endpapers designed to tie in to the story:

This is the title page. The chip pictured is used throughout the book, on a smaller scale, to denote the start of each new chapter.

Signature page at the back of the book. As you can see, this is #288 of 300:

Comment

[This post reserved for a signed 1st/1st edition of the third book in the Odd Thomas series, BROTHER ODD, that I hope to someday acquire.]

Comment

Here is the Signed Limited edition of BROTHER ODD, the third book in the Odd Thomas series, produced by Charnel House:

Book is on your left, slipcase is on your right:

Endpapers:

The title page with its snow globe motif is cool, but we are limited to four photos per post, so I'll move on to...

Text block pages designed to tie in to the story:

As in the first two Odd S/L books, the signature page is in the back. As you can see, this is #174 of 300:

Comment

[This post reserved for a signed 1st/1st edition of the fourth book in the Odd Thomas series, ODD HOURS, which I hope to someday acquire.]

Comment

Here is the Signed Limited edition of ODD HOURS, the fourth book in the Odd Thomas series, produced by Charnel House:

These photos don't do it justice, but the book is bound in full Red / Black Neon Japanese silk. As you can see, there is an original lightning bolt design stamped in silver. Slipcase on the left, book on the right:

Title page:

Digital read-out display for each chapter heading:

Limitation page signed by the author at the end of the book, as is customary in this series. This is #286 of 300 numbered copies:

Comment

Ok, I've now posted all of my signed Koontz books (and the unsigned ARC) - all part of the Odd Thomas series. Here they all are together:

Koontz's autograph will appear later in an anthology or two, but these are the only books I own that are solely by him.
                      Last edited by Patrick; 11-15-2011, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Great set of books, Patrick. Although my Koontz-reading-days seem to be over, I'd love to add these limiteds to my collection.
                        Thanks for posting.

sk

Comment

Very nice, Patrick. My Koontz reading days are also over, but they are awesome! Nice additions to your library. Can't wait to see more!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Patrick - very nice set, love the Charnel House editions, and, unlike some, I'm in the prime of my DRK reading days

Comment

Thanks, guys. I've never really ventured into much of Koontz's work. It just doesn't really attract me, I don't know why. So I can't opine on it. I do like the ODD books however. I'm not even sure why I first dug into them in the first place; they must have sounded intriguing.

Charnel really does a nice job on their production of these books. My photos don't do them justice at all.

Thanks again.
                              Last edited by Patrick; 11-15-2011, 02:14 AM.

Comment

One of my favorite authors is Chuck Palahniuk. I've never seen him in person on tour, but I have a few of his books. I'm going to attempt to post them in order of publication (rather than my usual random order).

Here is my First Edition of Chuck Palahniuk's first book, FIGHT CLUB:

As you will see in his other books I will post, Mr. Palahniuk likes to use lots of ink and stamps to really personalize a book when he signs it. The title page before the title page:

Did I mention that this a FIRST EDITION! Yeah, well, it's an 8th printing. Not too bad, but a far cry from a 1st printing. Oh well, I still love it.

I love a good Palahniuk inscription.

Comment

Working...
                                X