Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Oatmeal's second book:

DSCF3094 (480x640).jpgDSCF3096 (640x480).jpgDSCF3098 (640x480).jpg

He came to the Unity Temple on the Plaza in Kansas City, so I had to go see him. He spoke for about 40 minutes then answered 30 minutes of questions (he balked on whether he would rather be reincarnated as a pile of cat poo or a lightbulb, tho. Disappointing.)Besides, the ticket was basically free. I bought it from Rainy Day books and the ticket came with it. I had to stand in line an hour to get him to sign it, but it was worth it. His book tour ended last night, so he should be back to making web comics soon!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Nice! I need to pick that one up. I didn't get a chance to get down to his Baltimore stop on the book tour, sadly.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        Did you pick it up on the $30 discount?
        Yes I did, so that helped a little.

Comment

I forgot that I had put my name on Deena Warner's mailing list for Halloween cards after requesting the one that Ronald Kelly had written last year. Well, I got one of this years, numbered! Written by Nicole Cushing. Never read any of her stuff (that I can recall), though I've seen her name on several small press sites.

SCAN0001 (800x525).jpg
          SCAN0002 (613x800).jpg

A neat little Cthulhu short short. I love it!
          Last edited by srboone; 11-02-2012, 09:37 PM.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Very awesome adds there Squire.I passed on American Psycho.I too thought it was overpriced even with the coupon.

Comment

Welcome back, Mr. Boone. Nice editions (see how I misspelled that?) I hope all is going well for you.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I took that as Editions not additions to begin with and I'm like what is he talking about he spelled it right. lol

Comment

They are great additions of those editions.

Comment

I guess I do have a king book I've added in the last few months, but I'm too busy watching football right now (first week of Novemember and there's narry a pink article of clothing to be found on the field! I can't take my eyes off the television!)

I know, kinda funny coming from a guy in a pink bunny suit....
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      I know, kinda funny coming from a guy in a pink bunny suit....
                      Oh, tis true, tis true.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Well, I made a donation to a local breast cancer charity and I raised money in a breast cancer walk; I just don't like seeing guys beat the shit outta each other while wearing pink...(and I hate it when KC turns all the water in it's fountains pink for October. It's ugly.)
                        Last edited by srboone; 11-05-2012, 08:12 AM.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Loving the Halloween card Squire. Planning to frame it like your RK one?

Comment

Probably not. I only have one.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The only King book I've recently added to my collection; a way over-priced edition that was the least expensive of the ones I found acceptable.

DSCF3106 (600x800).jpgDSCF3108 (600x800).jpg
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Over priced but still nice..My copy has a torn dust jacket.Looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X