No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How'd you get the scar on your thumb? And no, I have no idea who I noticed it.

Comment

Very cool PS additions Squire (and, of course, the CD inclusion) Pretty scar too, I might add, although I'm not quite the aficionado that Teri would be of such things

Comment

Nice stuff Squire.My copy of The Dropper is in the mail.

Comment

It's a long, sad, extremely boring story that I have forgotten over the decades.

This one, however, has a story that I well-remember!

Untitled.jpg

I call it my Flux Capacitor and it is neatly placed on my forehead between my eyes. It's hard to make out.

What happened was I was five years old and it was my bath time. I filled the tub with water and was about to climb in when I noticed the footboard of my brother's new bed that had not yet been put together yet. It had posts in it and it looked like a ladder to me and I got it into my head that I wanted to climb into the bathtub. So I laid the footboard on the side the tub and started to climb the "ladder". It slid out form under me on the slick, rounded porcelain tub and I whacked my forehead on ithe side of the tub. I maintain that I did invent time travel at that point, but I was unconscious and unable to remember the equations and formulas.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Ouch!!!! Good story.Though I think you hit your head harder then you thought.

Comment

No one cares about your forehead. What happened to your thumb...no one forgets a scar that long.

Comment

I don't know. I probrably cut it on something as a kid. It wasn't traumatic enough for me to remember. I hadn't even noticed it it a long time (unlike my forehead which I have to look at everyday!)
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

lol. Can't miss the two on my arm. Broke both of the bones right in half, hadda get plates put in.

Comment

Compound fracture? or just surgery scars? Never broken a bone myself (knocks on wood) but have a couple scars on my face/head from childhood mishaps.

Comment

Surgery scars. My arm looked like this...

1230552-1239870-1329.jpg

Comment

And now looks like this..

1230552-1239870-1330.jpg

Comment

How long ago was that?
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I was about 12

Comment

Who pissed you off so badly you hit him with your forearm?
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Lol. I have bad knees that dislocate when they feel like it. Dr.'s just kept telling I had bruised muscle tissue everytime I went in because they'd dislocate and pop back into place so the doctors never saw the dislocation. anyway, my knee did this I fell, from no height at all seeing as I was like 4'10 if even and broke my arm, in half. I still tsay the doctors should have checked into that because when your that young you shouldn't break that easy. So that's how I broke my arm. cast for 6 weeks and it didnt heal, temp cast for the weekend, sugery(2 days in hospital), then cast on for 4 weeks. All of this resulting in arthritis and Carpal Tunnell.

It also lead to the doctor finally looking into my knees, another sugury which was a scope to look in my knee. and now they say I dont have enough muscle/ligament structure around my knee to keep it in place all the time. no fix, just excercise which didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                                X