srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Oh, come on now! I like John Williamson! Besides, Mr. Woot, You could end up being one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9f0QOh5KAU
    hahahahahahaha --- too late, already there !!!!!!

No, if you want close Aussie music (not clapped out country crap, dammit) here's the tonic for what ails ya :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSowZcvoqr4

Comment

Wonderful dogs Squire! Lets just hope that they don't develop a taste for books...

Comment

Great dogs, i can't tell you how much happiness you will get from them. Getting a dog was the easiest decision i have ever made! If you want any help in training them pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Kelly View Post
          Very nice, Squire. The first time anyone has ever framed a story of mine, I believe.
          Your post got lost in the jumble, Ron; sorry 'bout that. THT was worth framing. Besides, it would just just tattered and frayed if I didn't do something with it!
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

So there I was, just settling in to watch Bag of Bones (which I missed las night because of football), when a loud knock on the door came. Very annoying, but I'm...generally a social creature, so I answered it. Postman Billy greeted me with a "Merry Christmas" and some packages! So, my brief annoyance flew out the window.

Two were stuff everybody should be familiar with by now (not including those rock underdwellers, of course!)

C1.jpg

C2.jpg

Doll.jpg
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

But the third package was of great interest to me, so I opened it last.

I remembered someone in an earlier thread saying that a signed limited of this book had been made, but I never pursued it. Then Patrick showed us his nifty Hill House edition of American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I tried to google Hill House and came up only with an Australian Naturalists Society Publishing House; so I put the publisher in to ABE and BIBLIO and came up with over 3000 pieces of garbage, but I did find this:

G1.jpg
              Last edited by srboone; 12-12-2011, 10:31 PM.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Cover art and interior illustraions by Stephen Gervais.

G2.jpg
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I really like the back art, with the Chowder Society in the galss

G3.jpg
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

My pictures never come out right compared to my scans <sigh>

145/400

G7.jpg
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Gervais did 12 interiors for the book. Since I want to get back to BoB, I'll post 2 of them:

G8.jpg
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

This is my favorite interior. Dr. Rabbitfoot scared the crap outta me at 16 and did so again at 45. This is exactly as I pictured him, too. Creepy.

G9.jpg
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Finally, the seller included 2 pieces of correspondence with the book.

From the publisher:

G5.jpg
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

And a bill of sale for #s 139-148 to the merchant who sold me the book. Doesn't do anything for me, but I'll keep it.

G6.jpg
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Finally, a scan I forgot to include above, so I'll put it here. It comes in a slipcase. The slipcse is slightly faded and frayed on one of the back ends, but it's in very good shape still.

G4.jpg
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So now I have two states, the HH s/l and a 1st/1st American HC:

PS.jpg
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X