Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    The Strain is by far one of my favorite books we've put out. I think it came out beautifully.
    I concur it is an absolutely stunning edition. I really dig the Lonely Road line books I have gotten. A little more in cost, but it in quality and value they are tremendous, and not quite as much as other really fine binding lettered editions.

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Amazing additions to your collection! The Strain was one I had wanted to get, but wasn't able to; that ship has sailed, but maybe at a later time....
    Keep your eyes open, I got mine off ebay for retail price and the seller had a few copies I believe. How that happened I don't know, but at least he isn't scalping people.

Thanks for the comments guys, I got one more baddie to go. One I have been wanting for a long time, one I have had mixed emotions about, but I must say now that it is here, that's all in the past. I mean who could stay mad at a book as lovely as this

I have big hands, and this book makes them look like those of a pianist. This book is huge, and to illustrate that, I trudged out the rest of my SK collection for family photos.

It may be the tallest, and maybe even heaviest, but IT is still the widest! I'm glad CD kept IT as one book, I love having such a behemoth on the shelf.

Comment

Your Centipede Press edition of Salem's Lot is absolutely stunning!!! Why did you have mixed emotions about it? It's just beautiful and very, VERY BIG!!!!
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

I was a little annoyed when i found out it did not contain the majority of the photographs of the signed edition. I already have the trade hardcover which features them, so that'll have to do. Actually owning the book now, I realize even more how tremendous it would have been with them though. The one it does have is stunning!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
          I was a little annoyed when i found out it did not contain the majority of the photographs of the signed edition. I already have the trade hardcover which features them, so that'll have to do. Actually owning the book now, I realize even more how tremendous it would have been with them though. The one it does have is stunning!
          Yeah, I understand that is pretty annoying but it's still undeniably an awesome edition though, Dan! You still have a great copy of Salem's Lot there and no mistake!!!
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

I have no doubt about it!

Comment

Very cool King collectibles!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Love all those adds. I have read Midnight Mass the paperback edition and it is one of the best vampire books that I have read. All the King adds are great. Absolutely love that copy of Fever Dreams. On my list of books I would like to own.

Comment

I've been lazy about uploading pictures all spring and summer, though I have received some new stuff. First up was Lucius Shepherd's The Golden from Ziesing's Publishing.

I love their slipcases.

Nifty endpapers.

And a wooden slipcase for my copy of Richard Matheson' Bloodlines.

Then I got all these in the mail, and then some. I didn't include the paperback's and gave a couple doubles away to friends. I got four from Paul at Thunderstorm books, and Goat Hunter on the forum here donated me the rest. All are signed most of the ones from Hunter have art from Mr. Kelly. It is truly a tremendous collection. Thanks again Hunter.

Took out the doubles of the hardcovers.

I slowed my purchasing pace throughout the summer, did a couple pre-orders, but only picked up a few signed James Ellroy first edition. I was to lazy to snap shots though, so you'll just have to take my word for it. Someone needs to make some signed limited editions of his novels, the L.A. Quartet especially.
                  Last edited by Theli; 11-21-2014, 12:37 AM.

Comment

A week or so ago I started getting some of my pre-orders in the mail, first two from Sub. Press, then one from CD. First up was Robert McCammon's They Thirst.

Next up is Clive Barker's Books of Blood.

And lastly Max Brook's Zombie Survival Guide. World War Z is on it's way too.

Both They Thirst and The Books of Blood are books I have been wanting to get for a long time, but were just out of reach. So Sub. Press' re-issue of both was perfect for me and they always do a tremendous job with their releases and these were no exception. With that said I did have a couple complaints. As you see in the first picture of the Books of Blood there is a leaflet with art on it, it is also numbered. When I received the packaged it was sealed and looked like the leaflet was attached to the slipcase, I thought 'Hey, cool!'. I was wrong, it's just a loose piece of paper with nowhere to put it. It's also a bit disappointing to not have any interior art in the Books of Blood, even a few black and white ones per books would be cool, though it does have it as six separate books all with cover art from Clive Barker. The same complaint goes for They Thirst, but to a much lesser degree. They Thirst has two full colour pictures, and they are amazing. I just wish there was a bit more, even some black and white ones. If you look at Sub. Press' other books like Lumley's Necroscope or Hill's NOS4A2 for example, and they are just packed with art, whether it be just small black and white doodles or lots of full colour pictures like NOS4A2. I just figure a book of it's magnitude deserves the same treatment, probably just me being greedy, I really do love it, and the Books of Blood.

Last but not least is CD's Zombie Survival Guide. To me the book is a novelty, but it helped to kick start the zombie craze of the 2000's. And this is a worthy adaption. THe book itself is a bit of a task to adapt, packed with tons of small diagrams and pictures, but CD has them all, and the two colour printing looks great too.

Comment

I'm surprised your Zombie Survival Guide arrived first, as I shipped World War Z first.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

'Tis a mystery.

Comment

Just got this in the mail. Looks fantastic! Much larger than Zombie Survival Guide and it's actually number, which is kinda cool.

Last edited by Theli; 12-13-2014, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Just finished looking through your entire thread, Wow!!! Very nice!!! Congrats!!
                            My Collection:
                            http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
                            Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
                            http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Thank you, kindly! Nothing compared to some others on here though, but it's always growing.

Comment

One more arrived, very strangely, on Sunday. Which never happens, I was even startled by someone at my door, then pleasantly surprised. Dark Regions Press limited edition of Clive Barker's Midnight Meat Train. Man this is a hell of a book. Just packed with pictures and info; Barker's art, storyboards, behind the scenes shots, still-frames from the film, the original short story, the screenplay and more.

I dig the translucent page before the sig. sheet.

Last edited by Theli; 12-09-2014, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X