Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Great collection, Dan - and I fully concur with Brad, Ghost Story is brilliant!!!

I am hoping, Really hoping, that CD release a super deluxe 35th Anniversary edition of Ghost Story this year. That I would jump on before you could say "BOO!!"
    A lettered edition of Ghost Story would be a holy grail for me. One of my favorite books of all time. I think that CD should definitely do an anniversary edition.

Comment

Great looking Lumley book!

Comment

Those are some great adds to your collection! I've been on the fence about the CP Salem's Lot paperback, but I may just have to make it over somehow!

4385892415_51c3435e00_z.jpg
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

^I think it was worth it. Be wary who you buy from. It might be worth the extra cost to get a book that is in better shape.

I got a couple more books in the mail, one of which is an all time favourite.

Quite possibly my favourite vampire story, and one that started many of the vampire myths still used today. A Leatherbound, illustrated edition of Carmilla and the Evil Guest (which I have not read), signed by the artists and contributors.

Love the art on the end papers:

Unfortunately not all the art is that nice. This is the cover of the paperback version, printed here on glossy stock. The picture sucks, but it works for the best because the face is ugly!

Fortunately though some of the art is from Mr. Chadbourne, and I actually think this is some of his best work yet.

Comment

I also got CD's deluxe illustrated edition of F. Paul Wilson's Midnight Mass. I have one other book of his, it was written with Sarah Pinborough, and came in one of Thunderstorm's sets, but this is really the first of his books I have gone out of my way to track to down and read. I am really looking forward to it.

Some nice endpapers:

This is the first I have seen of Harry O. Morris' artwork. It reminds me of Dave McKean a bit. I dig it.

Comment

Cool adds, Dan! Very nice!!

As always, Glen Chadbourne's artwork is AWESOME!!!
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

Very cool books! Camilla is a great story and Chadbourne's art is truly wondrous in the book. I have it myself and it's a winner.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

And more goodies in the mail today!

I had purchased The Strain from an ebayer, and the weekend after I purchased it he sent me an e-mail apologizing for the late shipping and that he was just sending it out (I think I had only bought it on Thursday or Friday). I told him it didn't matter to me, a few days made no difference. Nonetheless he said he threw in a cool bonus as an apology so to be careful while opening it. Of course it arrived posthaste, not late at all, actually faster than other orders I made earlier. And what a sweet bonus it was! Our very own Brian James Freeman's Weak and Wounded. I had been wanting to pick up a book of his, but unfortunately CD was sold out of all of Brian's hardcovers, so I figured I'd wait for the next. This will tide me over 'till then!

And some unexpected Glenn Chadbourne art
                  Last edited by Theli; 04-24-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

The Strain:

It was hard to get a good picture of these cool endpapers.

This book is packed with tons of black and white drawings, many just small sketches, and some, like the following, full page splashes.

Now I just need to try and snag a copy of the Fall when it's released, too bad it'll be nye impossible to get a matching number.

Comment

And last, but not least, George R. R. Martin's Fevre Dream. Purchased from goathunter from the forum here for a very fair price and arrive in record speed and in excellent packaging.

Beautiful dreamy art for the endpapers.

I have to say, every time I get another Sub. Press book I am always astounded at the quality of art within. Not to say that CD or others don't, but Sub. Press really stand out as having some of the best original art in their books.

Comment

Even more great additions to your collection, Dan!! Excellent and very, very cool!!!
                        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                        - Stephen King

Comment

Excellent, and what a nice "bonus" you got too!

Comment

The Strain is by far one of my favorite books we've put out. I think it came out beautifully.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Amazing additions to your collection! The Strain was one I had wanted to get, but wasn't able to; that ship has sailed, but maybe at a later time....
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Nice additions! I also have The Strain, and I love it. I can't wait for The Fall to come out. Fever Dream is on my wish list. One of these days I'll find a copy...

Comment

Working...
                                X