Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theli View Post
    The seller had put a sticker on the protective mylar covering that said 'signed', kind of annoying, but at least it's not on the book itself. I peeled them off, but it left a residue. I'll have to get Goo Gone or Goof Off to remove it.
    I hate when they do that.

Comment

At least they put a protective cover on the books, but yeah still a bit annoying.

Comment

Great set! Thanks for posting these. I've passed several times on the EP Vampire Chronicles myself...
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

That is a great addition to your collection, Dan!!! The Vampire Chronicles are an awesome read - super cool!!!
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

^Just finished The Interview With The Vampire a little less than a month ago, a bit of a slog at times, but really rewarding at others. I do like Ms. Rice's flowery language and use of imagery.

Picked up a few books at a book sale a couple weekends ago. A couple vampire novels for the collection, a couple novels I have been meaning to read for a long time, a couple anthologies and the screenplay for the Dracula stage play from the early 1900.

Got a few hardcovers too. Already had the Donaldson books, but I like having a uniform hardcover set. I assume these are from a book club, because I have another hardcover first ed. of The Power That Preserves and it is taller (and way more beaten up). Also picked up I Shudder At Your Touch a cool anthology which I mainly grabbed for the Barker and King stories, but I must admit the titillating title makes it hard to resist.

Comment

Nice, especially 'I Shudder at Your Touch'.
              Have you read 'Ghost Story' before?

Comment

Ghost Story is brilliant!!

Comment

Great books. Swan Song is great.

Comment

Have not read Ghost Story or Swan Song yet, I was pleased to get them for a cheap price.
                    Last edited by Theli; 04-18-2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Great collection, Dan - and I fully concur with Brad, Ghost Story is brilliant!!!

I am hoping, Really hoping, that CD release a super deluxe 35th Anniversary edition of Ghost Story this year. That I would jump on before you could say "BOO!!"
                      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                      - Stephen King

Comment

'Hill House' did a limited edition, back in the 80's.
                        I have the UK 1st edition, which has a really nice wrap-around dust jacket.

Comment

Yeah, I would love to get a nice L/E to read of Ghost Story.

Got a couple more nice books in the mail this week:
                          Brian Lumley's Fly-By-Nights. This is my 3rd Lumley book with Eggleton art, signed by both, leatherbound, textured endpapers, limited of 250, and I got #1

Comment

And as I mentioned elsewhere, I got; Tobe Hooper's 'Salem's Lot: Studies in the Horror Film, in the mail today. Sewn paperback, with high end glossy paper stock, unsigned, but limited of 3000. I would love the hardcover, but couldn't justify laying down $250 for it, hell even $40 for a paperback is a bit, but once it arrived I know it was worth it. I actually saved a bit ordering from Amazon, $35, no shipping, but I sort of paid for it in the end, it has a few bumps and crinkles from being shipped in an envelope.

Comment

That's a cool looking book, Dan!!
                              - Stephen King

Comment

Really nice books, some great artwork.

Comment

Working...
                                X