No announcement yet.

Theli's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool. I have wanted this one but other things vs keep coming out that I want more..

Comment

Great addition, Theli. I have that one also and it is a tremedous volume. Congratz!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Finally got a second Easton Press book for the collection, and my first limited copy of Bram Stoker's Dracula (still want the Centipede Press edition with art from Grege Hildebrandt and the limited edition from Barnes & Noble with art from Edward Gorey). I did go for their newest edition though; the deluxe signed and slipcased edition with art from Rick Berry.

What's odd about the art is that the the art is on a thinner stock and affixed to the pages, they also have a thin translucent page in front of each one, I assume to prevent ink from running, but it also worked quite well for reducing glare when taking pictures, I left it in front for the second picture.

Also got a copy of James Moore's Blood Red in the mail, got it super cheap from Better World Books, hoping it would not be an ex-library edition even though I'm pretty sure it said it was, and it was indeed. Not a big deal, still the signed numbered edition oddly enough, but I'll have to upgrade later and just keep this as a reader copy. I'll snap a couple shots later.
        Last edited by Theli; 01-27-2015, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys!

Originally posted by srboone View Post
          Great addition, Theli. I have that one also and it is a tremedous volume. Congratz!
          Yeah it is fantastic. I am a huge fan of Michael Whelan, especially his work with Michael Moorcock, which also adorns the covers of the all the studio albums of my favourite band, Cirith Ungol.

Comment

That is a beautiful addition of Dracula. Nice grab.

Comment

Great edition of Dracula! I had ordered their edition of The Hound of the Baskervilles, but I returned it because I din't like the way the art was place in the book. The prints we pasted at the top onto textured archival paper and had a tissue sheet over them. Very disappointing. I told them it didn't say "Easton Press Quality" to me.

Anyway, congratulations!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                Great edition of Dracula! I had ordered their edition of The Hound of the Baskervilles, but I returned it because I din't like the way the art was place in the book. The prints we pasted at the top onto textured archival paper and had a tissue sheet over them. Very disappointing. I told them it didn't say "Easton Press Quality" to me.

Anyway, congratulations!
                I'm not sure what to think about that too, seem sorta cheap, but the rest of the design is so outstanding I wonder if there is an intent behind it.

Comment

The "Blood Red" story from James A Moore was excellent, you're sure to love it. Funny, I too started with a library copy then upgraded.

Comment

^Good to hear I look forward to getting around to it. It'll be my first James Moore book.

Comment

Very nice additions!!!
                      My Collection:
                      http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958
                      Fine Wooden Tray & Slipcases:
                      http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=theshiningproject

Comment

Well went to a book sale over the weekend, hoping to snag some Stephen King hard covers like I had in previous years. No such luck, though I did manage to acquire a nice big pile of used hard covers. Got a first ed. of Justin Cronin's The Passage and upgraded my paperback copy of Steven Erikson's Gardens of the Moon to a first ed. as well. Very happy to snag a copy of Mignola's and Golden's Baltimore as I am fan of the comic. Decided to grab a hard cover copy of Leiber's Sword's books too, just the first three, and my first Gaiman book (only read his comics so far). The top 4 books are Book Club Edition, but I could care less, 11 hard covers for $24 ain't bad.

Still in a book buying mood I decided to check out the local bookstore, who also stocks quite a few fine and rare print books. Browsed for a bit and settled on this:

Then as soon as I had bought it the lady running the book shop was all like "Oh you like Easton press, did you see these?" Uh, no I didn't see those... Oh well she is holding a very special Easton book for me to grab next week. Lovely lady actually!
                        Last edited by Theli; 02-09-2015, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I got these two in the mail relatively recently as well.
                          The aforementioned Blood Red, with free library markings included, as well as Ray Garton's Night Life.

Not really disappointed about Blood Red being an ex-lib, I think it was advertised as such, but I kept my fingers crossed. Shame though to ruin a good binding like that. I was pretty disappointed with my copy of Night Life though. I had no idea there had been a trade edition published, as it says nothing on the Sub. Press website, so when it arrived and was clothbound and not numbered I was little disappointed. That's just the tip of the iceberg though, the dust jacket was pretty bent on the bottom (it can be seen in the pic) and many of the pages were bent too. I'm contacting the seller, and we are trying to work it out.
                          Last edited by Theli; 02-09-2015, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Nice adds!
                            Mike

Comment

Very nice! Love that Legends of King Arthur!
                              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys!

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                                Very nice! Love that Legends of King Arthur!
                                It's great! I've been a King Arthur fan since watching Disney's The Sword in the Stone as a wee one.

I went back down to the book store to pick up the EP book they had put aside for me. While I was there I also found another great EP title, Joe Haldenman's The Forever War, too, and snagged a First trade edition of The Dark Tower. Now I just need to back track and get the other 6!

Comment

Working...
                                X