• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Yes you do.He is one of the best.
    Okay, I've got The Bighead on the way!

Comment

You should have gone a little easier on yourself.Bighead is big brutal.....I guess when it comes to Ed Lee there is no way to start to softy.
      Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post

Comment

That's the spirit! Dive head first into the deep end of Ed Lee, I hope you have friends and family you can use as a support group! The Minotauress is sort of a Prequel to that one and just as depraved, Also Brain Cheese Buffet is probably the nastiest, sickest horror anthology I've ever had the pleasure to read, love it!

Comment

I remember diving head first into the waters of Brides of the Impaler (my first Lee). I can't put up a Christmas tree withoutshuddering...
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Wow! I feel like I'm being prepared for losing my virginity with horror stories of how everyone lost theirs! How fun! Now I HAVE to go track down Brain Cheese Buffet and Brides of the Impaler...

Comment

Wow! I feel like I'm being prepared for losing my virginity with horror stories of how everyone lost theirs! How fun! Now I HAVE to go track down Brain Cheese Buffet and Brides of the Impaler...
              lmao! Actually, that's a pretty fair analogy and I haven't read Brides... yet but after Squire's Christmas tree comment, it moved up a few notches on my TBR list

Comment

I still have not introduced myself to the world of Lee yet either, but Bighead was one I want to grab, and well, now I have a few others too to look out for.

How does he compared to Wrath James White?

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  How does he compared to Wrath James White?
                  I've read a fair amount of Ed Lee but only one full length novel by White solo and The Teratologist written by both and from what I see, Lee is a satirist and even, dare I say, a moralist who is poking fun of societal habits and attitudes by way of extreme body horror and most of the time with a kinky, twisted sense of humor (I still sometimes think to myself "Shake-a-Puddin'" and start to laugh (From The House)). White seems to go for the jugular with no apologies, there's more sadness in his words then Lee's but a sadness with real power. Oddly enough, with The Teratologist, I felt more White in the writing than Lee. Both writers definitely have a taste for warped sexual themes but I really should read more White before I analyze him. I'm currently working on his short story collection The Book of a Thousand Sins

Comment

The Resurrectionist is the only taste of WJW I have experienced. I am curious to make a comparison.

Comment

THE pictures did not show up on your last 3 posts. I think the Ed Lee books scared them off.Love that copy of sex drugs and power tools. I have read the stories but in a different collection. BRUTAL.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                        THE pictures did not show up on your last 3 posts. I think the Ed Lee books scared them off.Love that copy of sex drugs and power tools. I have read the stories but in a different collection. BRUTAL.
                        D'OH! wonder why that happens sometimes? , oh well I will try again

Comment

will someone let me know if they worked this time pretty please? thanks!

Comment

They are working now. Nice additions!
                            Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                            will someone let me know if they worked this time pretty please? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              They are working now. Nice additions!
                              Thanks, I got more coming tomorrow, I am still recovering from the MMP, I also got two autographs from Bruce Campbell and it was a near three hour wait in line for his signatures! but he is worth it, love The Evil Dead movies and I can't wait for the new one! Also got Jason's autograph (Kane Hodder) and four different Leatherfaces including the original Gunnar Hanssen, also the two leads from Human Centipede 2, Danny Glover and the Man who played Godzilla in 12 of the original Japanese films, Haruo Nakajima

Comment

Gary Busey loves you! Isn' that sweet...

Nice catches.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X