Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    when I looked him up he didn't seem like someone i'd be interested in. Maybe because he seemed to lean more toward fantasy than horror.
    I don't know; it's hard to put a label on what Simmons writes. Still, I feel his books lean more towards horror than fantasy.

sk

Comment

Someday then Siep, someday. For now...too much King, so little time.

Comment

Yes and now is a good time.It is a great summer read.
        Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        I think I have a couple paperback copies of Summer of Night sitting here. I might have to read that then.

Comment

To be followed, of course, by A Winter Haunting!
          (Unfortunately, one of Simmons'lesser efforts. He doesn't disappoint often, but there aren't many that think AWH is a worthy follow up to SoN.)

sk

Comment

Wow, awesome cover indeed Siep!!! I think I might just have to get that book!

Comment

One sold for $150,00 on eBay recently.
              That's not too bad a price.
              (And it is one gorgeous edition!)

sk

Comment

Hey, HEY!!! I'll just whip out my checkbook!
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I was hoping it would be less than that. Is it a signed edition? Maybe there is one unsigned with the same cover?

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    Hey, HEY!!! I'll just whip out my checkbook!
                    Mine can't take anymore whipping!!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                      I was hoping it would be less than that. Is it a signed edition? Maybe there is one unsigned with the same cover?
                      Limited: 474 signed numbered hardcover copies - $125,00
                      Lettered: 52 signed leatherbound copies housed in a custom traycase - $300,00

We're pleased to announce the signed limited edition of Dan Simmons's classic space opera Hyperion. Fans will be thrilled to know that we plan limited editions for the subsequent three novels in the Hyperion Cantos, as well.

From the Subterranean site.

(Now I just wish I had ordered the lettered edition as well. Unfortunately, it has been long sold-out. Great news about the upcoming editions, though. )

sk

Comment

You used a comma instead of a period in your amounts. I thought it was $150,000, instead of $150.00! Makes more sense...
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'll put a Simmons book on my TBR, but I don't know which one yet.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

You used a comma instead of a period in your amounts. I thought it was $150,000, instead of $150.00! Makes more sense...
                            Oops - that's the Dutch way of separating euros and cents...I always get this mixed up.

sk

Comment

I'll put a Simmons book on my TBR, but I don't know which one yet.
                              If you want a Simmons-addiction-for-life, go for Carrion Comfort.
                              YouŽll love it!!

sk

Comment

That's what I was gonna ask you ,Siep. CC will be on my TBR.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X