No announcement yet.

Frik51's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed, Grant. To me, the author is always the first factor when considering buying a new book, but the artwork (cover or inside material) runs a close second. Yesterday I received a S/L edition by an author I hadn't even heard of. I really liked the cover and that was enough reason for me to order.
    I'll post some new additions sometime next week.

Speaking of wonderful art, I just finished the eleventh Creepy Archives. Issue #51 was the first one I ever bought (in 1973??) and this volume features # 51-54. Great to re-read these fantastic issues, as I don't have a single one left.
    The cover's an old one, by Frazetta, from one of the earliest issues.

Comment

Sanjulian was a worthy successor to the master. His covers never ceased to amaze. Frazetta was missed, but Sanjulian made up for this.

Comment

Torrents was a favorite:

Last edited by frik51; 10-22-2011, 09:38 AM.

Comment

As was Esteban Maroto:

Last edited by frik51; 10-22-2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Of course, Richard Corben. I'd love to see him do a King limited. And the great Tom Sutton:

Last edited by frik51; 10-22-2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I'm using a simple camera and the results here don't really do the artwork justice.
              Still, you get the idea.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                The numbered edition. I wanted to order all three books, but PS Publishing didn't allow this.
                (But, I did read -here??-about someone who had mastered the art of crawling and did succeed in acquiring a complete set.)
                That was me.

John

Comment

Lovely stuff Siep, takes me back to my halcyon days, truly - it just burns me, nowadays, to think of all those comics and magazines I read during the 60's and 70's that were carelessly thrown out after reading - lordy, don't I wish I knew then what I know now about future value

Comment

All these are awesome, Siep!

There was a comic strip in the early 1980's, I can't remember what it was called, but it was the Disney company making serialized graphic novels of the new PG movies it was creating: Condorman, The Last Flight of Noah's Ark, Dragonslayer, and The Sword of Shannara! I think Disney considered amking an animated movie based on TSoS. The strip ran in The Rocky Mountain News (a paper I delivered every morning). I wish I could find it....
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                      That was me.

John
                      I'm jealous, John. Love these books and just wish I had a complete set of lettereds!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                        it just burns me, nowadays, to think of all those comics and magazines I read during the 60's and 70's that were carelessly thrown out after reading
                        I know how you feel. I did the same; not after reading (I always saved my comics - in mint condition), but out of necessity (I thought), upon moving.
                        I'm very thankful for these Dark Horse archives.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          There was a comic strip in the early 1980's, I can't remember what it was called, but it was the Disney company making serialized graphic novels of the new PG movies it was creating: Condorman, The Last Flight of Noah's Ark, Dragonslayer, and The Sword of Shannara! I think Disney considered amking an animated movie based on TSoS. The strip ran in The Rocky Mountain News (a paper I delivered every morning). I wish I could find it....
                          Sounds intriguing, Squire. Dragonslayer was one of my favorite's (I've never seen a more convincing dragon) - I'd love to see an adaptation.

sk

Comment

Yesterday I received these two in the mail:

Both with Peter Cushing. I just watched The Beast Must Die: awful!! Slow, boring....one of Amicus'worst ever. Even Cushing couldn't save that one.

sk

Comment

I don't really remember which movie sparked my interest in Chinese/Korean/Japanese/Hong Kong etc. movies - I think it was Crouching Dragon, Hidden Tiger.
                              These are some of my favorites; generally much better than your run of the mill Hollywood production.
                              (I never thought I'd turn into a Jet Li fan!!)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X