No announcement yet.

RJK1981's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have gotten a few book over the last week or so.

Bought this at Half Price a few days ago. Loved The Last Templar so decided to get this as well.

DSC01200.jpg

This arrived in the mail a couple days ago. Look forward to reading this

DSC01201.jpg

This arrived in the mail yesterday. Love the cover and look forward to checking this one out.

DSC01202.jpg
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Very nice adds. Bump looks good.

Comment

That really is a nice cover (Bump).

Comment

I agree, love the cover of that one.
          Spoiler!

Comment

Got this in the mail today. Won it from Goodreads giveaways. Have 3 packages waiting for me to pick them up tomorrow at the post office, 2 of which should be from CD (More Than Midnight and the last grab bag of 2012), and guessing the other one is another win from Goodreads (Have won 3 recently, including the one that arrived today).

DSC01203.jpg
            Spoiler!

Comment

I think that Adam Nevill is an amazing writer of supernatural horror. I've read his first two novels and they are excellent - don't have this one yet, but looking forward to reading it.

Comment

Cool! Another author to google. That's what i love about these collection threads. Can't wait to see your Grab Bag, also.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Never heard of the author before, but the book sounded interesting and worth checking out, so I signed up to try and win it and ended up winnng one of the 20 copies from over 950 entries.

Another recent win was Lilith by Toby Tate from Darkfuse. That was within the last couple days, so will likely still be at least a couple weeks before it arrives.
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Ok, got my 3 packages from the post office today. First thing is my 2nd ARC won through Goodreads.

DSC01219.jpg

Never read anything from this author before, so we'll see how much I like it.

Second is my copy of Brian's More Than Midnight. Definitely looking forward to reading this collection.

DSC01204.jpgDSC01205.jpg
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Also got the last grab bag of the year that I luckily got since Dan had some extras. I didn't have any extras like a boomerang That's okay though really as I am very happy with the selections inside the bag.

First is Wright's Bone Soup, one of the 2 new books in this grab bag

DSC01206.jpgDSC01207.jpg
                      Last edited by RJK1981; 12-21-2012, 05:01 AM.
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Next up are the duplicate items that were in the grab bag. There was a signature page on Blood in Your Ears, but none with Island Funeral. Also already had Pork Pie Hat (Actually already had a spare one even, lol), as well The Doll. I fully expected to get a few duplicates, which is fine. Going to be using them as a gift to my sister's husband-to-be. Going to likely include a copy of Depraved, a true crime book since I accidentally bought a second copy from Half Price Books a little while back, lol. Might find something else to include as well, we'll see though.

DSC01212.jpgDSC01214.jpg
                        Spoiler!

Comment

And now for the other new book from the grab bag.

DSC01213.jpg
                          DSC01208.jpg
                          DSC01210.jpg
                          DSC01211.jpg

There is a small ding on the slipcase and you can see what is wrong with the endpapers (Same thing with the back endpapers as the front), but nothing too serious. Not bad for a $125 book
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Again, a terrific grab bag. Congratz.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thanks, definitely agree it was an excellent grab bag. Glad I was planning to use stuff from it as a Christmas gift, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the grab bag. My wife would have said no, lol, plus I already have so many CD books that most grab bags won't really give me much anymore.
                              Spoiler!

Comment

What???? Don't you mean another author to spend all our money on..I do not know if my shelves can take anymore.
                                Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                Cool! Another author to google. That's what i love about these collection threads. Can't wait to see your Grab Bag, also.

Comment

Working...
                                X