Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TerryE
    replied
    It reminds me of the mugs and cups they do at the Renaissance Festival each year. Each year there's a different color and different styles. They look nice in the china cupboard.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Cheers, Dan!!!

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Not really a collectible and most certainly not a book, but I thought it was cool and I picked it up earlier today at the Dogfish Head Brew Pub in Rehoboth beach. It's a hand crafted mug.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1652[/ATTACH]
    Is it signed Dan?

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Not really a collectible and most certainly not a book, but I thought it was cool and I picked it up earlier today at the Dogfish Head Brew Pub in Rehoboth beach. It's a hand crafted mug.

2011-11-05 22.00.03.jpg

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    No, just the Dutch limited hardcover. As it says in my signature, numbered, not signed.
    But it's in Dutch, obviously.

sk
    Oh, ok. Well, I obviously couldn't read it anyway

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenelk View Post
    My ears pricked up there. There's not still some copies of Shivers V in the warehouse is there? My copy (I'm sure I ordered it) has also gone walk about. The picture in my collectors thread just looks wrong without it!
    I think I have one more extra. If you're interested shoot me a email.

Leave a comment:

• Greenelk
    replied
    Ahh but I only remembered because I saw you mention not having it in a different thread.
    My ears pricked up there. There's not still some copies of Shivers V in the warehouse is there? My copy (I'm sure I ordered it) has also gone walk about. The picture in my collectors thread just looks wrong without it!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    BTW frik, you still have UTD signed limited for sale? Any type of trade you'd be interested in, or cash only? Hell if it's cash, the only way would be layaway and people don't like that, so I guess I wasted my time even asking lol.
    No, just the Dutch limited hardcover. As it says in my signature, numbered, not signed.
    But it's in Dutch, obviously.

sk

Leave a comment:

• jhanic
    replied
    I've got one of each. I have to leave the traycased edition in its shipping box because I just don't have room anywhere for it. It IS a beautifully produced volume.

John

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    The onlybad thing about this book is it really is so huge that it won't fit on even my "tall" book shelves without me sacrificing another full shell above. It's a bit of a storage problem, but as they say, a nice problem to have.
    But just do as I do...yeah, it's great to have them on shelves so everyone can see them and I hope to do that someday if I ever get out of this house, but in the meantime, you could keep your huge books like I do with my SODs volumes, under a chest of drawers. They won't fit anywhere else. I hate that, but I have no choice at this point.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Yep, both editions are cased. The limited is in a huge (and that's a understatement) traycase, and comes with an extra book that only has the artwork in it (no text), and the "gift" (for lack of a better term) edition is slipcased, and is still huge...
    That's even more of a reason to get the trade...not as big. I really don't have anywhere to put my books anymore. I literally have none on bookshelves...those are reserved for my couple tons of non-fiction....my collectible stuff I keep in a couple closets in 4 huge plastic boxes and all my King stuff is now so large, the spare bedroom is covered with limited editions on the bed and all kinds of other King stuff (including even more King limiteds and signed trades), are in two "sets" of chest of drawers, and I'm even running out of room there. I have to get rid of some but it's just so damn hard. I even have all kinds of art prints I bought here from CD as well as more King stuff and other signed limiteds on a big table in the basement. I even had to order a humidifier lol.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    Well, you remembered about Shivers V, so you deserve some credit there Dan.
    Ahh but I only remembered because I saw you mention not having it in a different thread.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Remind me again in a week, once I'm sure I'm through all the orders for them (I'll never remember) lol.
    Well, you remembered about Shivers V, so you deserve some credit there Dan.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Siep here. Hope you don't mind me butting in.
    Yes, you'll be getting a case either way: slipcase with the regular edition, traycase (plus extras) with the signed edition. The remarque was optional.
    In case you're interested:

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ull=1#post5278

sk
    Wow you have this book frik? Awesome pics. That really makes me want it now! But because both are slipcased or traycased, I'm going to go for the "regular" edition when I have the cash. I'm still trying to pay on Books of Blood and He is Legend by Gauntlet that King signed. I need money!!! Anyone out there with a helping hand? Please don't make me beg.
    I have a ton of books not just by King, but a lot of authors I know someone would be interested in!! I'm defintely not putting them on ebay anymore with all their damn fees. I may as well be giving them away.
    BTW frik, you still have UTD signed limited for sale? Any type of trade you'd be interested in, or cash only? Hell if it's cash, the only way would be layaway and people don't like that, so I guess I wasted my time even asking lol.
    Last edited by theenormityofitall; 11-02-2011, 09:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    The onlybad thing about this book is it really is so huge that it won't fit on even my "tall" book shelves without me sacrificing another full shell above. It's a bit of a storage problem, but as they say, a nice problem to have.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X