No announcement yet.

Joe315's Colleciton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you don't have to throw it at a book. just throw it my way!
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      Well, you don't have to throw it at a book. just throw it my way!

Comment

Here are my paperbacks. I don't have room anywhere else which is why they are four deep on the bottom shelf of this cabinet. The hardcovers are my dads and they will make it to the book cases once he reads them. And the bone at the top I found in the desert near our house. I'm not sure what animal it comes from but I'm pretty sure it's not human.
        Attached Files

Comment

Is that a set of C.S. Lewis Chronicles of Narnia paperbacks? i think I had the same set.

Comment

That is one deep ass cabinate.

Comment

Very cool, Joe. My Grandmother's HCs (mostly mysteries and historical romances and novels) are 2 deep on two 5 shelf bookcases in my basement!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The chronicles of Narnia are paperbacks. I had a set when I was little and gave them to a friend and I had to buy them again when I moved.

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                That is one deep ass cabinate.
                I don't think it's that deep, maybe 12-15 inches. I think the 4 deep paperbacks make seem bigger then it is.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  Very cool, Joe. My Grandmother's HCs (mostly mysteries and historical romances and novels) are 2 deep on two 5 shelf bookcases in my basement!
                  Wow thats a lot.

Comment

Very nice Joe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Don't know if anyone here is a cubs fan but this is a pretty cool book. It would be better if there was a world series win or two in there.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I guess thats why its "Our Dream"... cause you can keep on dreaming about that World Series!

Just kidding of course, having grown up in NJ, I'm a yankees fan. But I'm actually hoping to head out to a cubs game when I'm out in Chicago over the summer.

Comment

Definitely do that. Wrigley has a great atmosphere, even if the Cubs lose, which if the first game is anything to go off will be a lot this year. I went to a couple Yankees games and had a great time. The first time I saw a very large drunk guy being tackled by 3 police offers and then had the balls to say "there's nothing to see here" as he was being picked up off the ground with his pants half off. The second time was the All Star game in 2008. That was a cool experience except that we decided to leave a tad early to beat the traffic only to have the game go 15 innings. And we got to see Josh Hamilton put on a show during the HR derby.

Comment

Well, I'm going for sure! Haven't been to a game in 9 years!!

Comment

Nice pb collection.

Comment

Thanks. I've been slowly upgrading them to hardcovers if they are available. I'm thinking about buying the Preston/child books in hc but if CD continues to release them I'll just go with those. They're much nicer plus the original trade editions were made poorly so I don't know if it worth getting the ones I don't already have.

Comment

Working...
                                X