Joe315's Colleciton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Joel just because it says you are displayingerratic behaviour does not mean you need to.
    the voices say otherwise...

Comment

I love all the signed editions. Are you meeting these authors? 'Cause not many of them look like s/l editions.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Most look flat signed. You must have connections!

Comment

Some of my books I have gotten signed in person or by order at a local bookstore that specializes in signed firsts. Others, like the Strain trilogy I have ordered from VJ Books. Most of my UK editions come from Goldsboro Books in London. And I've also used abebooks on occasion.

I have some personalized books but I prefer flat signed only because if I am ever forced to sell them I will get more value for them then if my name is in them.

Comment

I wish had connections. I wouldn't have to spend so much then.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
              Some of my books I have gotten signed in person or by order at a local bookstore that specializes in signed firsts. Others, like the Strain trilogy I have ordered from VJ Books. Most of my UK editions come from Goldsboro Books in London. And I've also used abebooks on occasion.

I have some personalized books but I prefer flat signed only because if I am ever forced to sell them I will get more value for them then if my name is in them.
              THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you're wondering what you've done...

Well, someone once mentioned Goldsboro on here. The name slipped my mind and I've been searching for it ever since! When I saw your post, the name seemed familiar, and when I googled it I had what I was looking for!

Comment

Congrats on your find, whatever it may be

Comment

it was the store that Joe mentioned. I forgot the name and only remembered it when I saw it in his post.

Comment

No problem, glad I could add to the shrinking of your bank account.

Comment

Well you sure have! The cash went to VJ books though, not Goldsboro. First time I've been on their website (VJ) and I just love their selection... I'm $50 lighter... Gonna step away from the computer before I spend more.

Comment

I took a look through the site also and liked what I saw! (especially the signed Embassytown!)
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Was thinking about that one Squire, but then I saw something on VJ that I just had to have!

Comment

Do tell, do tell!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Nothing much really, but part of my goal to get a nice set of HC Dark Tower books. Trade edition from Grant, DT VI.

Comment

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now another book ite to throw money at.

Comment

Working...
                                X