No announcement yet.

Joe315's Colleciton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With your on the collaborated Cussler's Joe, they're okay, but I prefer the Dirk Pitt series over the rest (although probably not quite so much since he started interjecting himself into the novels and co-writing the Pitt novels with his son) Lately the whole Cussler franchise seems to be getting out of control, like James Peterson, who seems to have co-written a book with everyone on the face of the earth except for me
    Last edited by Grant Wootton; 04-01-2012, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Patterson is ridiculous. It seems like there is new book with his name on it every week. I enjoy all of the Cussler series but I hope he doesn't get to the level of Patterson. Eventually quantity is favored over quality and that's never a good thing.

Comment

My first edition of Fight Club.

86a71f88.jpg67c665fa-1.jpg

Comment

UK/US firsts of The Silent Sea by Clive Cussler. I really like the UK cover better, which is the main reason I bought it. IMO, most of the UK covers for Cussler's recent books have been better then their US counterparts.

1e58b490.jpg4e561b1a.jpgba7ddd83.jpg

Comment

The Strain Trilogy. The second two are signed, The Fall by both authors and The Night Eternal by Hogan.

f7893c85.jpgbffc0fea.jpgd1dc508a.jpg

Comment

Kraken by China Mieville. This is the first book of his that I read. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Embassytown is in my TBR pile and I plan on reading his other books at some point.

7459f9e9.jpgb5bb1101.jpg
              Last edited by Joe315; 04-02-2012, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Nerd Do Well by Simon Pegg. Haven't read this one yet either.

c3580d77.jpgc987cd36.jpg

Comment

Nice adds there Joe (agree that the UK Cussler covers are more meritorious than their US counterparts)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                    Amazonia by James Rollins. He is probably my favourite author, and this is the first book of his that I read. Although this particular copy was a later addition.
                    Just realized I spelled "favorite" with a "u". Must be reading to much british fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                      meritorious
                      Had to look up that one.

Comment

Wow! some really great editions, you got there Joe! Love the Mieville (UK edition? Haven't seen that one; I've got the subterranean press edition.) Don't wait too long for Embassytown, it's a classic! (already one of my favorite SF novels!)
                        Last edited by srboone; 04-02-2012, 10:52 AM.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thanks guys. I believe Embassytown is next on my on my TBR list.

Comment

Love the new additions.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                              Had to look up that one.
                              Sorry Joe, Teri the Crazed Canuck has been giving me English lessons

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                                Sorry Joe, Teri the Crazed Canuck has been giving me English lessons
                                No problem Grant, I'm always happy to expand my vocabulary.

Comment

Working...
                                X