No announcement yet.

Teriw's Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought rice spaghetti and macaroni today. Three different kinds of bread. One fresh made with rice flour, two fronzen ones, one potatoe bread, one corn bread? I think it was. Mom bought hickory sticks which apparently don't have any kind of gluten in em. And nor do cheesies. I think ill live if I can find a cake and cookie replacement. The fresh bread was pretty good. Looked dry but was quite moist and has more of a rye or Italian bread texture. I liked it tho. $5.99for bread is a lot. Ill have to try a bakery later to see if I can get it fresher and cheaper.

Comment

Cookies should be no problem. Seen a lot of gluten free ones about. You can always try and make your own stuff as well. Lots of recipes on the interwebs to choose from.

Comment

Me cook or bake? HA! I'd be better off eating the damn gluten

Comment

Yeck !!!!!!

Comment

Just tried brown rice macaroni. I couldn't taste a difference. Well a lil but I'm one of those people who doesn't rince the starch off my pasta..big mistake with rice pasta apparently. It had a strong smell, I could see it sticking to the pot yet I still didn't think maybe I should rince it off. Lol. So the different taste was just a lot of starch. I also overcooked it because I followed the package instructions that said 17 minutes. So next time rince pasta, and don't overcook and it'll will taste like the same ol thing. Now just to convince mom her meatballs don't need crackers. Lol.

Comment

Well, all crackers/breadrumbs do in meatballs is soak up some of the fat and make them taste a little better; it's the eggs that bind the meatballs. But potato flakes or even rice can be used instead of breadcrumbs.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I make meatballs without any breadcrumbs a lot of the time. Just pure meaty goodness!

And just like Squire said, its not a necessary ingredient as the eggs will hold the meatballs together just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  Well, all crackers/breadrumbs do in meatballs is soak up some of the fat and make them taste a little better; it's the eggs that bind the meatballs. But potato flakes or even rice can be used instead of breadcrumbs.
                  Actually a lot of people don't put eggs in their meatballs including my mother. Just crackers and spices.

Comment

You can skip the eggs and crackers, just meat and spices!

Comment

The problem is convincing my mother to do that. lol.

Comment

So, Mason bought me paperbacks. They were however first prints, but certainly nowhere close to first editions. First plume paperbacks (Cujo, Wizard and Glass, and Tom Gordon) apparently she ripped my tom gordon and bought me a new one. its the exact same one that I had. She also didnt send back my bag of bones paperback I loaned her and i am Disapointed the sister-in-law didn't send me her 11/22/63 as well because you can't buy a first print anymore and I could have previously but she told me I could have hers after she read it. I'll have to wait for a second hand first print to come along. TWTTK is 40% off in walmart....sooooooo tempting. I already have two and technically I have the first edition since I have the Grant AE. still temping...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                          So, Mason bought me paperbacks. They were however first prints, but certainly nowhere close to first editions. First plume paperbacks (Cujo, Wizard and Glass, and Tom Gordon) apparently she ripped my tom gordon and bought me a new one. its the exact same one that I had. She also didnt send back my bag of bones paperback I loaned her and i am Disapointed the sister-in-law didn't send me her 11/22/63 as well because you can't buy a first print anymore and I could have previously but she told me I could have hers after she read it. I'll have to wait for a second hand first print to come along. TWTTK is 40% off in walmart....sooooooo tempting. I already have two and technically I have the first edition since I have the Grant AE. still temping...lol
                          I think we still have a handful of 1st printing 11/22/63 sitting around if you're interested.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Can't afford the shipping Dan, unless you wanna throw it in my grab bag. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                              Can't afford the shipping Dan, unless you wanna throw it in my grab bag. lol
                              I can do that. Send me your order number again.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Now you make me sign into my hotmail. geez. lol. I'll pm it to ya in a sec

Comment

Working...
                                X