Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClydeUmney View Post
    And strangely, I never see #1s or #2s for sale
    I actually did see a #1 for sale a few months ago of a hard to find CD book that they were asking a large amount for compared to other numbers I'd seen for sale. Think it was Operator "B", but not completely sure. Other than that book, I don't think I've seen a #1 for sale before.
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

Low numbers only matter to people who are selling books with low numbers......

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        Low numbers only matter to people who are selling books with low numbers......
        And of course to those people looking to buy low numbers
        Last edited by Tommy; 02-23-2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I prefer numbered books, even though I do not care what number I get, because I feel more comfortable that the book publisher stuck to the number that way. If a book says 1 of 999 it would be harder to confirm an extra out there then if it is numbered.
          Originally posted by Tommy View Post
          And of course to those people looking to buy low numbers, otherwise what is the point of numbering the books in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            I prefer numbered books, even though I do not care what number I get, because I feel more comfortable that the book publisher stuck to the number that way. If a book says 1 of 999 it would be harder to confirm an extra out there then if it is numbered.
            I feel similarly, prefer numbered editions but don't really care which number, the collectors' market however does tend to put higher values on lower numbered books but I guess I am not telling you guys anything you don't already know
            Last edited by Tommy; 02-23-2013, 03:09 PM.

Comment

But, of course, I someone felt they needed to pay more for a #1 that I was selling, I'd let (and probably encourage) them!
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Me to.Only if I am the seller.
                Originally posted by srboone View Post
                But, of course, I someone felt they needed to pay more for a #1 that I was selling, I'd let (and probably encourage) them!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  and on the flip-side of that, as a buyer I love numbered editions because I can pay less, sometimes a lot less, for a higher number and get the exact same book far cheaper than the lower numbered ones
                  Last edited by Tommy; 02-23-2013, 05:24 AM.

Comment

The lowest I have is a #8.

Comment

What's everyone's opinions of PC editions? It's the same book as a numbered edition...

Comment

Sure it is the same book, but not the same limitation. If I have number, say, #331, I know that no one else has that number. If I have a book with a blank line or "PC" then any number of shmucks out there could have the same thing.

I collect King S/L'd editions. I have no use or desire for PC or blank-line books.

Comment

Originally posted by divemaster View Post
                          Sure it is the same book, but not the same limitation. If I have number, say, #331, I know that no one else has that number. If I have a book with a blank line or "PC" then any number of shmucks out there could have the same thing.

I collect King S/L'd editions. I have no use or desire for PC or blank-line books.
                          But tell us how you really feel

Comment

Personally I kinda like PC copies, sure they are usually the last of Lettered or Numbered editions to sell but you can get them cheaper and like with my PC copy of the Lettered He Is Legend, I asked the publisher how many there were and only about 13 were for sale compared to the 52 lettered, depends on how you look at it I guess, PC copies also are what wind up in the hands of the people directly involved with the production of the book were as lettered and numbered ones are for the public, same signatures, same production value, only difference is a few pen strokes

Comment

I avoid PC editions, mainly for the same reason as divemaster. I like the uniqueness of the numbered copy.

John

Comment

I do prefer the numbered/lettered editions to PC's but I don't avoid PC's as a rule, especially if my choice is between nothing and a PC
                                Last edited by Tommy; 02-28-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X