Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
    Added to my SK hard cover collection on Saturday at a used book sale to support the local library. I picked up 1st/1st of The Tommyknockers, Bag of Bones, Everything's Eventual, and Insomnia. I also picked up The Passage and Legion. All in good condition for $1 each.
    Those are some great finds!

I love library book sales! I used to live in a small town that would have them every few months. Paperbacks were 25 cents and hardcovers were 50 cents. I picked up a lot of great reads from those sales.

Comment

Went to the bank today to pick up some dough, and saw they were having a book sale. It was mostly crap, except for a hardcover version of the Silmarillion, that may or may not have been a 1st ed. Picked it up for $2 and did a little research when I got home, and it seems it is. Damn straight.

Also picked up a copy of M.R. James: The Haunted Dolls' House and Other Ghost Stories as well as Walking Dead vol.2: Miles Behind Us.
      Last edited by Theli; 05-22-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Your bank has a used book sale?!?

John

Comment

Random, no? They just had a table with books on it, mostly romance and Danielle Steele, that they were selling to raise money for something.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
            Random, no? They just had a table with books on it, mostly romance and Danielle Steele, that they were selling to raise money for something.
            Hopefully not raising money to keep the bank open!
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

The bank my wife has her account at has a used book sale from time to time, usually to raise money for certain charities, Canadian Cancer Society, MS, Children's Aid, Humane Society, etc.... Picked up some good books there too!

Found Silence of the Lambs at a garage sale on Sunday on our way back from playing tennis.

Comment

I actually grabbed some books yesterday off Abebooks - grabbed some sci-fi stuff - Embassytown (Mieville), Hyperion (Simmons), and Anathem (Stephenson).

Comment

So...Kobo had another trivia contest. Answer the question right, get a coupon code from 10-75% off, then entered into a draw for a new e-reader plus $$$.

Anyways.....this time around I picked up the following: Voyeurs of Death by Jeffrey, The Tent by KPB, Caspak series by Edgar Rice Burroughs, The Stickmen by Ed Lee, and Flatland by Edwin H Abbot.

That should keep me busy - so many e-books I haven't read yet.

Comment

Fritz Leiber: Fafhrd & The Gray Mouser!!

Picked up the six vol set published by Gregg press in the 1970's. They used the same cover art on all six volumes!! That wouldn't fly today. The weren't in fine condition, in fact I had to rehinge three of them, but they were a pretty good price. I always liked fritz Leiber's stuff. Anyway, they are interesting!! Have a great Long weekend,
                    MDHHPIM1415.jpg

Comment

Those are really neat. I've never seen them before. I'm a great fan of Fritz Leiber also.

John

Comment

Love Fafrhd and the Grey Mouser! Great find!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          Love Fafrhd and the Grey Mouser! Great find!
                          Not nearly as heavy as Conan, but fun! Sentimental favorite. Hope you're enjoying the Long weekend.

Comment

Picked up Joyland today. This purchase marks the first time in a long time that I walked out of a Barnes and Noble with only what I intended to purchase.

Comment

Just got my copy as well.
                              photo.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                                Just got my copy as well.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]12699[/ATTACH]
                                I am waiting for my copy from CD with the slipcase, I know it might be a while but I have plenty other things to read and my anticipation will grow

Comment

Working...
                                X