Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Congrats — that is indeed a tough one to find! I’m in for that new one you mention, but only because I’ve had no luck finding the one you picked up.
    Thanks!

I'm surprised how hard this was to find - 250 copies (assuming based on copies of LE ToDF2) - it's not that limited compared to other Lansdale books I have.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      Thanks!

I'm surprised how hard this was to find - 250 copies (assuming based on copies of LE ToDF2) - it's not that limited compared to other Lansdale books I have.
      Congrats, Jason!

Comment

That’s a really nice looking edition. Congrats!

Comment

This was on sale at the Centipede Press site. It's the unsigned version. Does anyone now the page count? I didn't see that info. listed.
          Cornell Woolrich - Stories to Be Whispered.

Cap
          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
            This was on sale at the Centipede Press site. It's the unsigned version. Does anyone now the page count? I didn't see that info. listed.
            Cornell Woolrich - Stories to Be Whispered.

Cap
            Just checked my copy...485 pages.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Today's mail: Lost and Lonely by Brian James Freeman. Signed by Brian and Glenn Chadbourne. Nice illustrations throughout. I confess that I haven't yet read any of Brian's writing, so I am anxious to dig into this one.

Lost and Lonely.jpg
              Lost and Lonely Sigs.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                Today's mail: Lost and Lonely by Brian James Freeman. Signed by Brian and Glenn Chadbourne. Nice illustrations throughout. I confess that I haven't yet read any of Brian's writing, so I am anxious to dig into this one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20561[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]20562[/ATTACH]
                I think you will like Brian's writing, his stories always evoke emotions for me.

Comment

In today's mail I got the Centipede Press book I previously mentioned-Stories To Be Whispered: The Collected Short Fiction of Cornell Woolrich, Volume Two. It's a very impressive looking book. I also got another Dark Regions Double-The Blue Heron by Gene O'Neill & The Crucifixion Experiments by Gord Rollo.

Cap
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                    In today's mail I got the Centipede Press book I previously mentioned-Stories To Be Whispered: The Collected Short Fiction of Cornell Woolrich, Volume Two. It's a very impressive looking book. I also got another Dark Regions Double-The Blue Heron by Gene O'Neill & The Crucifixion Experiments by Gord Rollo.

Cap
                    I have that Dark Regions Double also. I really need to get to it. I th I k Gord Rollo is another author who doesn't get enough attention. The Jigsaw Man is one of my favorite books. You can't go wrong with Gene O'Neill either. His Taste of Tenderloin is an absolutely wonderful collection of stories.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                      I have that Dark Regions Double also. I really need to get to it. I th I k Gord Rollo is another author who doesn't get enough attention. The Jigsaw Man is one of my favorite books. You can't go wrong with Gene O'Neill either. His Taste of Tenderloin is an absolutely wonderful collection of stories.
                      I am going to post my box in my collection thread so if you do not want a spoiler avoid it until you get yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        I am going to post my box in my collection thread so if you do not want a spoiler avoid it until you get yours.
                        Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I received my CD Grab Bag parts one and two yesterday.
                          Some double ups - Copy #3 of Gwendy (signed), The Influence - Bently Little, and another signed Brian Hodge - I'll bring you the birds from out of the sky.

The others all look pretty cool. All signed limiteds.
                          Headhunter - Michael Slade
                          Widow's Point - RC and BC (already read a kindle version and loved it, so very happy to receive it).
                          The Ones who are waving - Glen Hirshberg
                          Whispered Echoes - Paul F. Olsen
                          The Slave Tree - Alan Peter Ryan

Now I just need to find some time to read them.

I had to duck out from work for an errand yesterday so I stopped at a local charity shop and grabbed a nice first of Scott Smith's A Simple Plan.

Comment

Got some fun books the last couple of days - maybe I'll get some pictures up -

First, I got the Sub Press version of N.K. Jemisin's The Obelisk Gate. The numbered edition matches my copy of The Fifth Season, also from Sub Press.

Speaking of Sub Press, last night their signed edition of Ted Chiang's Stories of Your Life and Others. It has a neat die cut cover that I'll have to figure out how to wrap. (Disappointed that I forgot to ask to match my number to his Liking What You see that I got form ACK I forget who published this little book.)

And today, the mail lady brought me the hardcover version of Joe Lansdale's Private Eye Action. I already had one of the paperbacks (which I got because the price was good, and the hardcovers were a lot harder to come by) but this hardcover became available and I got it for a good price. So win!

Comment

Received the signed/#d HC of ROUGH TRADE by Robert Silverberg (PS Pub.).
                              Last edited by RonClinton; 04-23-2018, 04:14 PM.
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I just lost my mind.
                                I bought a bunch of Lansdale from eBay, SubPress, and SST.
                                In the last week I bought the following Lansdale books:
                                The James Cahill edition of TWO BEAR MAMBO
                                The Borderlands edition of MAGIC WAGON
                                THE LONG ONES published by Necro Publications
                                The SST graphic novel of I TELL YOU IT'S LOVE
                                And the new collection by Subpress Driving to Geronimo's Grave And Other Stories

From SST, I also bought VOICES OF THE DAMNED by Barbie Wilde. I was completely intrigued by what I read about this book and it has art by Clive Barker and Daniele Serra and other super talented artists.

I need to step away and cool my credit card.

Comment

Working...
                                X