No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not trying to make you feel bad, but personally, I think it kills the resale value.

Comment

Hmm without knowing how much it cost you I can't really speak to if it's a deal breaker or not. Maybe some research on eBay comparing what you paid for it to similar things. Though at the end of the day it mostly really depends on what you are collecting it for. If you're collecting it for a completionist mentality it may not matter (I know it wouldn't to me), but if you are collecting it for it's value then it probably matters a lot.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        Not trying to make you feel bad, but personally, I think it kills the resale value.
        Thanks Brad. It is Brad right? lol. Apologize if not, still trying to pick up on the names as I see 'em. I've contacted the seller with an unhappy but polite email in regards to returning it for a full refund. I know personally I'm not going to be happy knowing that the writing is in there even if it doesn't kill the resale value. We pay good money for writing that is suppose to be included with editions, not vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          Hmm without knowing how much it cost you I can't really speak to if it's a deal breaker or not. Maybe some research on eBay comparing what you paid for it to similar things. Though at the end of the day it mostly really depends on what you are collecting it for. If you're collecting it for a completionist mentality it may not matter (I know it wouldn't to me), but if you are collecting it for it's value then it probably matters a lot.
          It was a pretty penny Dan. I'm collecting not so much for resale value but after I'm dead and gone, that might matter to someone. Such as my children lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            It was a pretty penny Dan. I'm collecting not so much for resale value but after I'm dead and gone, that might matter to someone. Such as my children lol.
            You should check out this site. The members are knowledgeable on all things King. They can give you an accurate value on the book as it is and let you know if you got a good deal.

http://www.thedarktower.org

Comment

^^ Seconded. These guys will help you out.
              “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
              -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

It's a "Blue Monday"

And I still find it so hard
                To say what I need to say
                But I'm quite sure that you'll tell me
                Just how should I feel today

SAM_1375.JPG
                “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                  You should check out this site. The members are knowledgeable on all things King. They can give you an accurate value on the book as it is and let you know if you got a good deal.

http://www.thedarktower.org
                  Originally posted by bugen View Post
                  ^^ Seconded. These guys will help you out.
                  I'll really appreciate all of ya guys for your opinions now this and I'll shoot over there and see what they have to tell me. An update on the situation: Ed, the gentleman who sold me the book, is willing to do what ever to correct the problem. Even sent me his phone number, we chatted awhile, and said he honestly didn't know the writing was in the book. In the end I'll probably end up sending it back to him because the writing just bugs me to no end and I'd end up selling it just to purchase a "clean" copy.

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
                    It's a "Blue Monday"

And I still find it so hard
                    To say what I need to say
                    But I'm quite sure that you'll tell me
                    Just how should I feel today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17171[/ATTACH]
                    Good looking book.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm extremely upset and beside myself so that I can't even see straight right now. And you're correct Mike, it wasn't a $20.00 purchase by a long shot and the writing wasn't mention at all at the time of purchase. My next question is how much does this affect the value of the book? Honestly I'm so pissed right now I don't even want the damn thing but if it's still of value I guess I should keep it.
                      It doesn't destroy the value, but it will impact it to a large degree. If it's an unsigned 1st/1st, the effect is going to be more significant than if it's the signed edition.

Considering everything you've posted, though, I'd probably just return it.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                        It doesn't destroy the value, but it will impact it to a large degree. If it's an unsigned 1st/1st, the effect is going to be more significant than if it's the signed edition.

Yea it's just the plain Jane 1st/1st and I probably will do that. I posted over at the Dark Tower just to get their feel out of curiosity. I've already had several private offers to sell me a clean copy once I get this cleared up. Can't say it enough. You guys as a whole are truly awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

The folks over on the DT site this morning pretty much screamed return, return, return!!

Comment

The folks over on the DT site this morning pretty much screamed return, return, return!!

Was it through Ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              Was it through Ebay?
                              Yes Sir it was.

Comment

Yes Sir it was.
                                I think that is easily a reason to go through Ebay if they do not refund.

Comment

Working...
                                X