No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw on Facebook that Gauntlet found a few copies of Barker's "The Yattering and Jack" artwork portfolio from 2001. Not necessarily worth what it cost but still pretty cool. image.jpg

Comment

Very cool new additions, everyone! I dig the Barker portfolio!

Comment

Proof of the trade edition:

And the publisher's letter:

John

Comment

Very nice John!

Comment

While browsing my local Half Price Books, I came across a slipcased set of Donna Tartt's first two books - The Secret History and The Little Friend. I recall seeing this edition on eBay before, but never actively pursued buying one, or adding it to my "one day I must own" list, but there it was. And it was still sealed even! The price seemed a bit high at the time, but I went back this afternoon and snagged it.

It's a beautifully produced set - I love how the book jackets are all black and the artwork from the jacket matches the slipcase and book boards. Sadly, the autograph on The Secret History is a bit "smudgey," but I'm still very pleased with this purchase and I'm glad that I snagged it this morning.

image1.jpeg image2.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              While browsing my local Half Price Books, I came across a slipcased set of Donna Tartt's first two books - The Secret History and The Little Friend. I recall seeing this edition on eBay before, but never actively pursued buying one, or adding it to my "one day I must own" list, but there it was. And it was still sealed even! The price seemed a bit high at the time, but I went back this afternoon and snagged it.

It's a beautifully produced set - I love how the book jackets are all black and the artwork from the jacket matches the slipcase and book boards. Sadly, the autograph on The Secret History is a bit "smudgey," but I'm still very pleased with this purchase and I'm glad that I snagged it this morning.
              The Secret History

image3.jpeg image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg image6.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

The Little Friend

image7.jpeg image8.jpeg

image9.jpeg image10.jpeg

Comment

I've never heard of Donna Tartt, but that is a fantastic looking edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                    She's currently on people's radar again for her latest book - The Goldfinch. It won the Pulitzer for Fiction in 2014.

I was first introduced to her when someone recommended The Secret History to me. WAY outside of my normal reading worlds, but I loved it.

Comment

Dan, you just have to give her a try - she's very, very good.

sk
                      Last edited by frik51; 06-29-2015, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                        Paul, you just have to give her a try - she's very, very good.

sk
                        You referring to me? I'm Dan! haha

Just realized a buddy of mine had read The Goldfinch. His girlfriend loved it, him not so much. Might get to it, but I have a huge list to tackle, and I am a damn slow reader.

Comment

You referring to me? I'm Dan! haha
                          Dan?? of course I know you're Dan. Don't know how you managed to change my post #2230 - very clever, sir!

sk

Comment

An interesting find at the bookstore today. Not worth anything, just cool:

SAM_1235.JPG
                            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Sweet! That would definitely be worth a look. Congratz!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Congrats on all the unique adds!
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X