X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I just received notification that a signed book I ordered a while back has shipped from Waterstones over in the UK. This book is a celebrity memoir, which normally would be the furthest thing from my book radar -- in fact, this may be the first celebrity memoir I've ever bought.

But, I mean, c'mon...

9781472279507.jpg
    Copies still remain: https://www.waterstones.com/book/con.../9781472279507.

Go on, you know you want one. Don't let book-budget rules hold you back -- rules are for suckers.
    break2.JPG
    His story has all the ingredients to make a fantastic memoir. I am resisting at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I just received notification that a signed book I ordered a while back has shipped from Waterstones over in the UK. This book is a celebrity memoir, which normally would be the furthest thing from my book radar -- in fact, this may be the first celebrity memoir I've ever bought.

But, I mean, c'mon...

9781472279507.jpg
    Copies still remain: https://www.waterstones.com/book/con.../9781472279507.

Go on, you know you want one. Don't let book-budget rules hold you back -- rules are for suckers.
    break2.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Well, Best Buy never technically contacted me via phone or email as promised, but my yelling at them on Twitter did get a response.

Their responses were less than ideal. Once they said they will send me a replacement iPad, I was told it won't be here until October 20th, which if you know how to calendar is completely unacceptable and makes no sense. And then my order status was updated to Preparing for Shipment. Their website gave me the option to change from shipping to pickup at a local store THE VERY SAME DAY. But changes couldn't be made since it was preparing to ship. I also tried the change shipping speed which would have delivered it THE NEXT DAY. But again, unable to make changes.

The issue isn't fully resolved I still don't have a replacement iPad - but I do have tracking information for it! Should have been here yesterday, but is now scheduled for today. Fingers crossed!

The next time - IF I order from BB again - will definitely be picked up at a store. Not dealing with this again.
    No doubt in-store is the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Well, Best Buy never technically contacted me via phone or email as promised, but my yelling at them on Twitter did get a response.

Their responses were less than ideal. Once they said they will send me a replacement iPad, I was told it won't be here until October 20th, which if you know how to calendar is completely unacceptable and makes no sense. And then my order status was updated to Preparing for Shipment. Their website gave me the option to change from shipping to pickup at a local store THE VERY SAME DAY. But changes couldn't be made since it was preparing to ship. I also tried the change shipping speed which would have delivered it THE NEXT DAY. But again, unable to make changes.

The issue isn't fully resolved I still don't have a replacement iPad - but I do have tracking information for it! Should have been here yesterday, but is now scheduled for today. Fingers crossed!

The next time - IF I order from BB again - will definitely be picked up at a store. Not dealing with this again.
    The stress and hassles can't be removed but it does sound like they are getting you a replacement. The service sound very poor though.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X