Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    I just received notification that a signed book I ordered a while back has shipped from Waterstones over in the UK. This book is a celebrity memoir, which normally would be the furthest thing from my book radar -- in fact, this may be the first celebrity memoir I've ever bought.

But, I mean, c'mon...

9781472279507.jpg
    Copies still remain: https://www.waterstones.com/book/con.../9781472279507.

Go on, you know you want one. Don't let book-budget rules hold you back -- rules are for suckers.
    break2.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Well, Best Buy never technically contacted me via phone or email as promised, but my yelling at them on Twitter did get a response.

Their responses were less than ideal. Once they said they will send me a replacement iPad, I was told it won't be here until October 20th, which if you know how to calendar is completely unacceptable and makes no sense. And then my order status was updated to Preparing for Shipment. Their website gave me the option to change from shipping to pickup at a local store THE VERY SAME DAY. But changes couldn't be made since it was preparing to ship. I also tried the change shipping speed which would have delivered it THE NEXT DAY. But again, unable to make changes.

The issue isn't fully resolved I still don't have a replacement iPad - but I do have tracking information for it! Should have been here yesterday, but is now scheduled for today. Fingers crossed!

The next time - IF I order from BB again - will definitely be picked up at a store. Not dealing with this again.
    No doubt in-store is the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Well, Best Buy never technically contacted me via phone or email as promised, but my yelling at them on Twitter did get a response.

Their responses were less than ideal. Once they said they will send me a replacement iPad, I was told it won't be here until October 20th, which if you know how to calendar is completely unacceptable and makes no sense. And then my order status was updated to Preparing for Shipment. Their website gave me the option to change from shipping to pickup at a local store THE VERY SAME DAY. But changes couldn't be made since it was preparing to ship. I also tried the change shipping speed which would have delivered it THE NEXT DAY. But again, unable to make changes.

The issue isn't fully resolved I still don't have a replacement iPad - but I do have tracking information for it! Should have been here yesterday, but is now scheduled for today. Fingers crossed!

The next time - IF I order from BB again - will definitely be picked up at a store. Not dealing with this again.
    The stress and hassles can't be removed but it does sound like they are getting you a replacement. The service sound very poor though.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Thanks everyone.

I started "yelling" at Best Buy on Twitter and they told me that I was assured to have a call back in the 48-72 hour window that I was promised.

We are at hour 71 right now . . .
    My local Best Buy has the worst customer service I've ever encountered when it comes to phone calls*. I hope your store is better or that corporate calls you!

*Not an exaggeration. I'll share my experience later, after work.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Thanks everyone.

I started "yelling" at Best Buy on Twitter and they told me that I was assured to have a call back in the 48-72 hour window that I was promised.

We are at hour 71 right now . . .

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    On Thursday, I got my first order from VJ Books. They were have a literal fire sale, and they had a few signed 1st Greg Rucka novels that I didn't have, so I picked those up at a pretty fair price after the 40% off coupon.

And then yesterday, my wife's anniversary present arrived.

I bought her a new iPad Pro, a keyboard case, and the new Apple Pencil. Ordered everything from Best Buy. It was shipped on Thursday, and arrived yesterday. UPS placed the box into our secure parcel locker we have at my apartment. When I got home, I decided to give K her presents two weeks early. I cut the tap, open the box and see basically trash has been used for packing material. Scraps of cellophane and the such. And then I realize what I'm looking at. The product boxes, while in the shipment box, are all empty. The iPad was opened, and removed. The keyboard case, opened and removed. The Pencil, opened and removed.

I then realize that the security tape was cut and then retaped with plain packing tape.

I'm beyond PISSED.

Best Buy wasn't super helpful last night when I called - because of the high dollar amount, it has to be reviewed for fraud and they'll get back to me.

$1500. They better make this right.

I also filed a claim with UPS (not sure what that will do.)
    I would be pissed too. Sorry that this happened to you. Again some people just suck and 2020 has really done one of 2 things , brought out the best in people or the absolute worst in people.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I live in an apartment so no doorbell camera . . . the closest thing I have is the email from our secured package locker that shows UPS delivered the box. (It's like those Amazon lockers you find - I get a text message or notification from an app that says I have a package, and I use the code or the app to open the secured box.)

It's just so frustrating! I really hope Best Buy makes good on it - but it's totally my word and who am I in the grand scheme of things?
    You're a great dude is who you are. You and Katie both. Well, she's not a dude but you get the picture

I put a $50 bill in a card for my nephew once and it was stolen by the postman in his area. Turns out, the guy had been taking a lot of money and gift cards from greeting cards and they were watching him for awhile to build a case. I think he was ordered to pay restitution but I don't recall my nephew nor I ever seeing the money. I know, I know. Shouldn't put cash in the mail

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    That is absolutely horrible! Someone at that Best Buy better be getting fired, if not arrested!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I live in an apartment so no doorbell camera . . . the closest thing I have is the email from our secured package locker that shows UPS delivered the box. (It's like those Amazon lockers you find - I get a text message or notification from an app that says I have a package, and I use the code or the app to open the secured box.)

It's just so frustrating! I really hope Best Buy makes good on it - but it's totally my word and who am I in the grand scheme of things?
    So sorry you have to deal with this. I expect Best Buy will take care of you but that does not remove the stress and hassle you have to go through to get taken care of.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Sorry to hear it, Jason! Rather than waiting on Best Buy’s good graces, I would immediately call your credit card company and alert them, either as a fraud chargeback or they may have some sort of buyer protection program in place for just such a situation. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Unreal! So sorry that happened to you, Jason. The thing is, no matter who you buy from and what shipping service you use, there are still lots of people between you and the product. Anonymous, imperfect people. And with all the purchasing people do online I'm sure this happens all the time. I hope to god Best Buy makes this right for you. If you have a doorbell camera you can show Best Buy that the box went right into a secure storage container.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I know these things happen, but I'm still shocked it did happen.

What's strange is that only two people had access to the box before I got it - Best Buy and UPS. So either the Best Buy packer stole everything, or the UPS driver did. If I was to totally guess with zero evidence, it was someone from Best Buy - they knew what was in it. The shipping label doesn't say Best Buy so I don't see how the UPS driver would know.

And then since it gets put into a locked cabinet that only I can access with a code, there isn't anyone else.

Yeah, and people suck.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Honestly, sometimes people just suck. I hope a mass of bad karma tracks them down, which I shouldn't say, I know, but there it is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X