Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading ROVERS now. Highly recommended.
    Last edited by Jargendeli; 08-04-2021, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
      Reading ROVERS mow. Highly recommended.
      1976 the year I joined the Army!! The book is really moving along. I like it a lot.

Comment

Starting it now. The SST edition of the new Dean Koontz book, Devoted, came in today's mail, and I sat down with it at 4:30 this afternoon and didn't stop reading until the end (574 pages). Great book!

Comment

That's great to hear. I keep coming back to this one, but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. But I've sure come close several times...it really sounds good, and I like what I've read previously by him.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Last weekend, we did another marathon drive back to Washington - 1300 miles each way.

The reason - to pick up this little bundle of joy:
            IMG_5534.JPG

Her name is Rocinante (or Roci for short.) She just turned seven weeks old yesterday and is proving to be a lot of fun and quite the handful. I forgot how puppies were.

My brother sent us a text message last month about finally getting a new dog (his dog, Koda, passed away a few years ago) and I thought it would be fun to get a sibling from the same litter, if available. And there were two black females left, so my wife and I talked, and the next thing you knew, we were driving to Washington to pick her up.

Ember, my brother's dog, is the little charcoal lab in the lower right hand corner.

We tried to avoid the breeder situation, but after so many failed and frustrating attempts at a rescue, we gave up.

After my Olive passed away in March of last year, it took us awhile before we wanted another dog. Roci is the perfect fit - even if the two cats disagree.

Comment

The two cats will come around. A stunning dog welcomed into your family. Congratulations.
              I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
                The two cats will come around. A stunning dog welcomed into your family. Congratulations.
                Thanks!

Our older cat seems to be the most accepting of the new puppy, We think he doesn't mind other pets, he just wants to be the only cat. Whereas our younger cat is being a punk.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                  Last weekend, we did another marathon drive back to Washington - 1300 miles each way.

IMG_5534.JPG

Her name is Rocinante (or Roci for short.) She just turned seven weeks old yesterday and is proving to be a lot of fun and quite the handful. I forgot how puppies were.

My brother sent us a text message last month about finally getting a new dog (his dog, Koda, passed away a few years ago) and I thought it would be fun to get a sibling from the same litter, if available. And there were two black females left, so my wife and I talked, and the next thing you knew, we were driving to Washington to pick her up.

Ember, my brother's dog, is the little charcoal lab in the lower right hand corner.

We tried to avoid the breeder situation, but after so many failed and frustrating attempts at a rescue, we gave up.

After my Olive passed away in March of last year, it took us awhile before we wanted another dog. Roci is the perfect fit - even if the two cats disagree.
                  Beautiful pup, congratulations! the cats love him, they have to play tough to set boundaries!

Comment

Very sweet!!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

IMG_5534.JPG

That’s a great looking puppy! Congratulations!

We lost two of our pack in January of this year, one week apart. The first was only with us a year and we took her in from my wife’s grandparents who couldn’t take care of her any longer. The second was the heart and soul of the house and was a pretty hard hit. We still have two other dogs, a rabbit, and a year-old disabled cat. We’ve thought about a getting a puppy, but we’re just not ready yet. Maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

That’s a great looking puppy! Congratulations!

We lost two of our pack in January of this year, one week apart. The first was only with us a year and we took her in from my wife’s grandparents who couldn’t take care of her any longer. The second was the heart and soul of the house and was a pretty hard hit. We still have two other dogs, a rabbit, and a year-old disabled cat. We’ve thought about a getting a puppy, but we’re just not ready yet. Maybe one day.
                        It's hard losing a pet. For me they've always been more than just a pet - they're family.

When I got divorced, my ex tossed all of our cats (I could only take mine - I had him prior to that relationship) outside. They were all declawed house cats. They stood no chance. Still infuriates me.

Olive was my best friend - I still believe I was more devastated when she passed than I was for family members.

One day you'll find the room again for another.

Comment

Today and yesterday brought some fun new books:

Suntup's Artist Edition of The Island of Doctor Moreau by HG Wells
                          Earthling's Dark Across the Bay by Ania Ahlborn
                          SST's Horrorstor by Grady Hendrix

The Amazon driver should also be dropping off Chasing the Boogeyman from a Richard Chizmar later tonight too.

Comment

After a mix up at the post office, this beautiful book arrived today:
                            IMG_5593.jpg

I really love this series has turned out and it looks great next to its matching friends:
                            IMG_5594.jpg
                            (The angle makes it appear as if Speaker is a tad shorter - Jerad even asked me about it. I double-checked and it's the same size as the others.)

Comment

I picked up a copy of Deadline at Dawn by William Irish. It's A Tower Mystery book with a dustjacket. The dustjacket and book are really in excellent condition. This edition of Deadline at Dawn has scenes from the RKO Radio film Deadline at Dawn inside. While this book may have little value I was intrigued by the cover and frankly wondering why no one had bid on the book. I love it! Here is the book's cover. 30787.jpg

Cap
                              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                                I picked up a copy of Deadline at Dawn by William Irish. It's A Tower Mystery book with a dustjacket. The dustjacket and book are really in excellent condition. This edition of Deadline at Dawn has scenes from the RKO Radio film Deadline at Dawn inside. While this book may have little value I was intrigued by the cover and frankly wondering why no one had bid on the book. I love it! Here is the book's cover. 30787.jpg

Cap
                                I think that's pretty cool and also dig the cover. Maybe some people didn't realize that William Irish was a pseudonym that Cornell Woolrich used? Either way, congrats on the addition!

Comment

Working...
                                X