Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
    To date, volume 16 in the series comes out next week, and they have a miniseries starting in the next week or so. King only had part of the first half dozen or so.
    I believe you mean issue #16. There have only been to volumes released so far, the first collecting the issues that were done with King (1-5) and volume 2 is 6-11, where Snyder is the sole writer.

Comment

Right you are my good sir.

Comment

what's the miniseries though? as in a tv miniseries, or a spin-off comic?

Comment

Spin-off comic, like 4 issues or some such.

Comment

Just got this:

Comment

Sorry Pete, my least favorite King novel(la).
              (as if you care...)

sk

Comment

DSC00254.jpg

Got these books today at Half Price Books. The Regulators is a 1st Edition/1st printing. They also had 2 copies of the hardcover of The Gunslinger from the Viking 2003 printing. One copy was on the bookshelves and didn't say anything about what printing it was, the other was locked up and being sold for $95 and pretty sure the note for it said 1st edition. Not sure if I should pick that one up or not, though I want to get all the DT books in hardcover and only have 5-7 in that format so far
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

Anyone have an idea if it'd be worth paying that much for a 1st edition of 2003 edition of The Gunlinger?
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                    Anyone have an idea if it'd be worth paying that much for a 1st edition of 2003 edition of The Gunlinger?
                    Great purchase! As to the Gunslinger, I don't really know, but I can tell you that I would pay that much myself for a copy, seems like a good deal to me if it in fact is a 1st edition.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      Sorry Pete, my least favorite King novel(la).
                      (as if you care...)

sk
                      Of course I care.

Haven't read it yet, but knowing how I am with King, even if it's not so good I'll still like it.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                        Great purchase! As to the Gunslinger, I don't really know, but I can tell you that I would pay that much myself for a copy, seems like a good deal to me if it in fact is a 1st edition.
                        That is what I was thinking as well. Might have to go back tomorrow and take a look at it to see if it says anything inside the book about it being a 1st edition. If it'd been the 1st Edition of the original version I wouldn't have hesitated at all, lol, but they aren't dumb enough to sell one of those for $95
                        Spoiler!

Comment

$95 seems a little steep to me for the ones that i have seen sell on ebay, but then again it goes down to if it is in mint condition and that you can see before you buy so there are no risks involved. Patience and a little hunting could get you one ofr lower than $50 i feel. I have to keep telling myself that collecting is a game of patience

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                            I have to keep telling myself that collecting is a game of patience
                            True.
                            And although I'm a very patient individual, whenever I see an item I'm interested in and I have the money available, I pounce.
                            I'd rather pay some more than risk the chance of missing out.

sk

Comment

But more often that not things are put for sale again

Comment

I know, I know...Rub it in....

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X