No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a sucker for those illustrated slipcases. Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
      I'm a sucker for those illustrated slipcases. Very nice!
      I've been a little iffy on them. They look cool, but I'm worried about wear and tear, rubbing, etc. A quick aside, it's funny that a slipcase, that by function is meant to protect the book from damage and wear, wounds up being an item that I am worried about getting damage and wear on. Do they make a slipcase for a slipcase? Or will I begin worrying about the condition of my slipcase's slipcase?

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        Got this from PS Publishing today.
        Please tell me you've read a few of the stories already! I have this exact volume (the limited) in mind to add to my next Camelot order as it gives off that '60s/'70s old-world, R. Chetwynd-Hayes kind of vibe, vintage/modern spooky English stories. But I've never read Aidan Chambers and have no idea if his work is any good. Presumably it must have some worth for PS to devote a volume to it, but is it worth the $$? Maybe I should just get the trade? So: What made you opt for the collection, and why the limited?
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Hi Ron,
          I like old Ghost Stories, reminded me of M.R. James and that ilk lol. I went with the limited because it really is limited, only 100 copies and it was reasonably priced.

Comment

Finally got my hands on a Centipede book I've been looking for! I'll post pictures when it arrives!

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Finally got my hands on a Centipede book I've been looking for! I'll post pictures when it arrives!
              Congrats — can’t wait to see which title it is!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Congrats — can’t wait to see which title it is!
                  Thanks! I’m being rather coy because I normally don’t post anything until it’s in hand and I can include pictures. It’s more fun that way. This time I was too excited to not say at least a little bit of something.

Comment

Well, I guess I'm on a Centipede Press roll. I just picked up the James Patrick Kelley Masters of Science Fiction book. I'm not a huge science fiction fan, but like fantasy books, I like to dabble a little. I have the Richard Wilson and Kate Wilhelm volumes, but had missed out on the first two in the series. A signed edition of the Kelley volume came up for $99 and I jumped on it. Six months ago you could pick this up for a little cheaper, but I haven't seen anything recently. Figured this might be the last chance to get it a somewhat decent price.

I still need to track down the Fritz Leiber volume, but everyone is asking insane prices right now. $1000 on Abebooks? Do they think Leiber returned from the grave and signed the limitation page? Yikes.

Comment

Well, I guess I'm on a Centipede Press roll. I just picked up the James Patrick Kelley Masters of Science Fiction book. I'm not a huge science fiction fan, but like fantasy books, I like to dabble a little. I have the Richard Wilson and Kate Wilhelm volumes, but had missed out on the first two in the series. A signed edition of the Kelley volume came up for $99 and I jumped on it. Six months ago you could pick this up for a little cheaper, but I haven't seen anything recently. Figured this might be the last chance to get it a somewhat decent price.

I still need to track down the Fritz Leiber volume, but everyone is asking insane prices right now. $1000 on Abebooks? Do they think Leiber returned from the grave and signed the limitation page? Yikes.
                      Congrats on the Kelley book. I sold my copy a while back, just knew I wasn't going to be a consistent subscriber of that line (though I did pick up the Wilhelm and the Leiber). Is it really going for that kind of money? Yikes. I wonder if some of those sellers are confusing it with the two-volume MASTERS OF THE WEIRD TALE set, which, yeah, is probably close to $1K these days. Kinda wish I had sprung for that one, but oh well, can't have 'em all.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Congrats on the Kelley book. I sold my copy a while back, just knew I wasn't going to be a consistent subscriber of that line (though I did pick up the Wilhelm and the Leiber). Is it really going for that kind of money? Yikes. I wonder if some of those sellers are confusing it with the two-volume MASTERS OF THE WEIRD TALE set, which, yeah, is probably close to $1K these days. Kinda wish I had sprung for that one, but oh well, can't have 'em all.
                        Thanks!

The Leiber Masters of Science Fiction is WAY overpriced at $1000. I believe the last few auctions for it went for around $250-ish. The MotWT volume has gotten pricey. A few were floating around a while back, but I haven't seen much lately. One sold a month or so ago on Ebay but it was a Best Offer on a $1500 listing. I'm hoping to find one under $1000. We'll see. I shouldn't have passed on it when it was announced. Maybe I'll get lucky and Jerad will put out a Library of Weird Fiction volume of Leiber's work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

You say that, but we tried selling them. No one wanted them. In reality anyone who already has the book already has the case, and the case doesn't actually do you any good without the book. Unless your case is damaged.
                          That's why I had to buy a new case for IT.

IT was actually the first CD book I purchased - ordered it from Amazon from all places. They were the only place selling it when I found out about it. After quite a few "are you still interested in this item because we don't know when we'll get it" emails, my copy finally arrived. The slipcase has this giant barcode sticker on the back that wouldn't come off very well, so during a sale (maybe one of those sweet 44% off July 4th sales,) I got myself a new slipcase.

Speaking of slipcases - I also bought a few plain black ones that were supposed to fit some CD books, but I have no idea which books those were.

Comment

I've been MIA awhile (no reason, just life) but here are a couple of my recent acquisitions.

One of the very few positives from this pandemic, is that artists are doing a lot more commissions for people since all of the comic conventions have been canceled.

Brian Miller - Oktopolis - is a fun artist who I originally discovered through a random Doctor Who print that my wife found on eBay. One weekend, I got a bug in my ear and decided to ask how much his commissions were, and they were VERY reasonable. So I ordered one. Those that know me should understand why I chose the subject matter I did.
                            IMG_2505.jpg

I was really surprised to see him use watercolors for the coloring - I just wasn't expecting that. Plus it was fun to watch (the replay since I was working) his Twitch stream where he inked and colored it.

The other item I recently acquired is waiting to be framed, but I'll give you all a tease. I'm super excited to get this one back home and can't wait to show it off. Here are the original sketches for that "mystery" item:
                            IMG_2622.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              I've been MIA awhile (no reason, just life) but here are a couple of my recent acquisitions.

One of the very few positives from this pandemic, is that artists are doing a lot more commissions for people since all of the comic conventions have been canceled.

Brian Miller - Oktopolis - is a fun artist who I originally discovered through a random Doctor Who print that my wife found on eBay. One weekend, I got a bug in my ear and decided to ask how much his commissions were, and they were VERY reasonable. So I ordered one. Those that know me should understand why I chose the subject matter I did.
                              IMG_2505.jpg

I was really surprised to see him use watercolors for the coloring - I just wasn't expecting that. Plus it was fun to watch (the replay since I was working) his Twitch stream where he inked and colored it.

The other item I recently acquired is waiting to be framed, but I'll give you all a tease. I'm super excited to get this one back home and can't wait to show it off. Here are the original sketches for that "mystery" item:
                              IMG_2622.jpg
                              Very nice!

Comment

I had to track down this old post - but my Kickstarter Mouse Guard figures arrived. Found a LED lit display case at Michael's (it's made for Funko Pop!s) and glued some LEGO plates to the bottom. This fit all of the figures perfectly and I think it looks really cool.
                                IMG_2293.jpg

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                                Stumbled upon a collectible that I wasn't aware existed - a special Crazy Bricks LEGO Mouse Guard figurine - exclusive to BrickCon in 2015.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21978[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]21979[/ATTACH]

And related - there is a new Kickstarter from Crazy Bricks for 13 (!!) custom LEGO figurines. I really wanted them, but it seemed a bit silly (dare I say, ridiculous?) to spend over $200 on these things, but my wife said "Do it!" and who am I to argue with the wife. Plus after seeing this little guy, I'm super excited to have the rest of them in my collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X