No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This arrived from Centipede Press today. Looking forward to reading it!
    Land Of Laughs10312016201508.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
      This arrived from Centipede Press today. Looking forward to reading it!
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]19015[/ATTACH]
      A damned-good book. I snapped a bunch of pics for my old review. Here are a few of my favs:

SAM_7632.jpg

SAM_7649.jpg

SAM_7665.jpg

SAM_7619.jpg
      Last edited by bugen; 11-02-2016, 02:35 AM.
      “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
      -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
        ^ Interesting. I'd had no idea. What did she do there?
        Sorry, just noticed this. I think she did a little of everything. When I asked questions she was often the one to respond and at one point they had a photo of her on the website with her jeep loaded with packages of books to drive them to the post office. If I remember correctly she left CD when she got a job at a New York publisher.

Comment

Very interesting. Thanks for the info!

Andrew great picks, the art looks very Gilliam-esque to me. Never heard of the book or author, but it looks interesting.

Comment

Beautiful book, mh...as always, Centipede puts out a impressive production. I passed on it as 1). I'd read the book before, and 2). Carroll's is a fantastical taste that I've tried to acquire and just can't get there, especially in long form (I have his Sub Press collection and plan to hold on to it).
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

rick_david.jpg

McCammon's a trade edition, the Schow is a signed/#d edition. Both bought via the recent 50% off sale at Sub Press.

Comment

Been a while since I've had anything to post here. Seems like I'm just pre-ordering stuff these days. SST's illustrated edition of Paradise Sky arrived courtesy of Camelot last week. I just now got around to taking some pictures.

This is the first SST book I've purchased, and I'm really happy with it. The quality is great. I really like the illustrated boards and end papers. The paper is nice and allows the art reproduction is well done. When I placed my pre-order, the price was $75, but the book wound up being twenty dollars cheaper. I think it would have been worth the original price easy, but I'm not complaining! Just an overall great presentation for this newer Lansdale novel. Definitely a fine addition to my ever growing Lansdale shelf.

Comment

I've been toying with the idea of buying this one to replace my signed trade first hardcover edition. Appreciate the photos. Looks as good as I had thought. Still not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger, but this does make the decision harder.

Comment

Good looking book.

Comment

It's a really nice edition. I kept both because apparently I need both.

$75 was a decent price for it (which is what I paid,) but $50 is a bargain.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      I've been toying with the idea of buying this one to replace my signed trade first hardcover edition. Appreciate the photos. Looks as good as I had thought. Still not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger, but this does make the decision harder.

Comment

Took a few more photos of the Halloween paintings. Picked them up on Tuesday 14 in all. Sorry if the photos aren't up to speed.
                        IMG_0684.jpgIMG_0685.jpgIMG_0686.jpg
                        13 Rats, 13 Buzzards, 13 Crows

Comment

And it continues...
                          IMG_0687.jpgIMG_0688.jpgIMG_0689.jpgIMG_0691.jpg
                          Pumpkin Patch Cats, Halloween Bouquet, 13 Raccoons, 13 Squirrels. More to follow!
                          Last edited by mhatchett; 11-06-2016, 04:17 PM.

Comment

IMG_0692.jpgIMG_0693.jpgIMG_0694.jpgIMG_0695.jpg
                            13 possums, Trick-or-Treat, 13 Goats, 13 Razorbacks.
                            Whew, that's all folks.
                            Last edited by mhatchett; 11-06-2016, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Very nice! I think I like the bouquet most of the bunch, with the buzzards coming in second place (love the autumn sky in that one).

Comment

IMG_0697.jpg

Thanks Theli! These arrived today. The Mile Cameron is book 4 in the Traitor Son Cycle. It's signed 139/300. Great fantasy, lots of fun. Slayin666 was very helpful tracking these down! I've started picking up some of the Tartarus Press titles. They're always a little out of the mainstream and interesting.
                                Have a great Week and remember to Vote Tomorrow!
                                Mike
                                Last edited by mhatchett; 11-08-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X