Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Andrew's perfect housewife, LOL!
    Trim and sexy with encyclopedic knowledge, she doesn't speak unless spoken to. I keep her in the kitchen. (Just kidding, you can put away the pitchforks!)

Actually so far I've really only set her up for music where she outputs to my desktop speakers and as a timer for different stuff. I've tested her reading a kindle book aloud and she does a pretty good job--better than I expected. So far she seems a lot better with voice recognition than Cortana for Windows 10.
    Last edited by bugen; 10-22-2016, 03:10 AM.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
      Trim and sexy with encyclopedic knowledge, she doesn't speak unless spoken to. I keep her in the kitchen. (Just kidding, you can put away the pitchforks!)
      LOL. Does it have a Sean Connery mode for the lady folk

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        LOL. Does it have a Sean Connery mode for the lady folk
        That may be a future update, but only if you've tried everything else and Alexa just won't leave it alone.

“Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Picked up a couple Richard Laymon original (but pseudonymous) HC 1sts to replace the later HC 1sts that were published under his real Laymon name. Both are Fine/Fine, uncommon, and I'm thrilled to be able to finally add these to my collection...have wanted both for a loonng time. For those not In the Know, Richard is of course his real name and Kelly is his daughter's name...hence the penname Richard Kelly.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              Picked up a couple Richard Laymon original (but pseudonymous) HC 1sts to replace the later HC 1sts that were published under his real Laymon name. Both are Fine/Fine, uncommon, and I'm thrilled to be able to finally add these to my collection...have wanted both for a loonng time. For those not In the Know, Richard is of course his real name and Kelly is his daughter's name...hence the penname Richard Kelly.

I remember when Kelly worked at Cemetery Dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                I remember when Kelly worked at Cemetery Dance.
                ^ Interesting. I'd had no idea. What did she do there?

Comment

Just noticed that my copy of BETTER WEIRD Isn't signed by Joe Lansdale. Thought that was kind of odd, since Joe typically signs everything put in front of him. Same with Brian Keene. I know these yearbook- like signature pages often have missing sigs, but thought the omission of those two was a bit odd and disappointing.

Comment

Well, thanks to a timely stop at our local antique mall and some lengthy negotiations, I find myself the owner of a Collection of 14 folk art Halloween paintings by local artist Michael Lee Cook. Mike passed away last year, unfortunately Mike’s wife is having to part with a lot of his collection. My wife and I initially purchased these 3 paintings and decided we would try to purchase the entire “13” series of painting, plus a couple of others that were on display. Honestly, I never thought we could afford it, buying the first 3 set us back a bit, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. We ended up with a great deal for several reasons I think, Mike’s wife liked the idea of collection staying intact, Halloween is fast upon us and she didn’t want to try to hold them till next year and finally, the ugly truth was she needed the money. We worked out a price we could both work with and I pick the other 11 paintings up Tuesday. Most of the paintings are framed acrylic on canvas, size 14x18, or larger. We were really happy we could keep the collection together and help out Mike’s wife. I’ll post the rest of the paintings once we get them home.

13 Cats.jpg13 Pumpkins.jpgPumpkin King.jpg

Comment

I love those!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        I’ll post the rest of the paintings once we get them home.
                        Looking forward to seeing them.

Comment

Fantastic paintings. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Comment

Very nice! I look forward to seeing the rest of the collection.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              I love those!!
                              Thanks Guys. The title on these are 13 Pumpkins, 13 Cats and King of the Pumpkins. The others are equally charming...Am I allowed to say that on this forum lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                                Thanks Guys. The title on these are 13 Pumpkins, 13 Cats and King of the Pumpkins. The others are equally charming...Am I allowed to say that on this forum lol!!!
                                What? "charming"? I think so, but it's limited to twice per user account.

Comment

Working...
                                X