No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up the Fritz Leiber titles from Centipede Press. Great as always. Just waiting for the Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser set.
    IMG_0660.jpgIMG_0661.jpg

Comment

Nice. I thought long and hard about the MotWT collection, but ended up passing on it as I had nearly all the stories in my Midnight House volumes. Seeing those pics sure makes me question my decision...man, but that set looks gorgeous. Congrats on having the wisdom I lacked.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Very nice looking books, Mike. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats Mike. Love it! I passed on them, too much all at once for me, but I really hope to get the Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser collection.

Comment

Those are gorgeous, my man. Looks like they ought to be framed.
            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Thanks guys. I had to pass on some other stuff but you know how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                Thanks guys. I had to pass on some other stuff but you know how that goes.
                I know that feeling all too well! I was hoping to be able to pick up that MotWT volume, but, alas, the funds were not there at the time. Beautiful books, though! Congratulations on the acquisition.

Comment

PS4 Star Wars.jpg

Comment

^^^ Oh, we're posting things other than books, are we?

Gotta get in on that fun...here's something I picked up a couple weeks ago, a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) SARB017 Alpinist:

sarb017_1.jpg
                    (stock Internet photo, but mine looks identical, stainless bracelet and all...except my compass is straight. )

I really do need to start posting my new book acquisitions. Will try to start that up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                      ^^^ Oh, we're posting things other than books, are we?

Gotta get in on that fun...here's something I picked up a couple weeks ago, a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) SARB017 Alpinist
                      Nice watch! I realized I don't wear most of my watches, so I'm going to start selling them off on Timezone. If I ever get around to it, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                        Nice watch! I realized I don't wear most of my watches, so I'm going to start selling them off on Timezone. If I ever get around to it, that is.
                        I have to be careful...I know I could easily fall into a watch enthusiast, filling my time lusting after beautiful timepieces, getting deeply involved in the nuances and intricacies of their mechanisms and workings, the brands, etc., and haunting forum boards like TimeZone and Watchuseek, et al. That Alpinist was my first foray into mid-range costs...my daily wear is a Seiko Orange Monster, and it and everything else I have is $200 or less. I'm trying to keep a lid on my watch lust and not get suddenly carried away, but I'm already planning a SARB033 down the road...and a blue-faced chronometer would be nice...and maybe a Tissot or Hamilton since no collection is complete without a Swiss piece, and...and...

My current modest collection:

photo_002.jpg

(Yes, I really like orange.)

Comment

Yea, my attempt at being cute reference my pic LOL. Although I never played with Legos as a kid; for some reason I really enjoying playing these dumb games. I catch a lot of grief about it but, WTH right?!

Nice timepieces, Ron! I can't trust myself to wear a good watch. I'm always banging it up against something or other. Hence my Wal-Mart specials that I wear .

Comment

No picture yet - but on Tuesday I received my copy of Rambo from Gauntlet/Borderlands. Elected not for the slipcase this time.

It looks very similar in quality and bonus features to First Blood.

M only problem is that they didn't honor my request to match numbers. It's kind of upsetting but I'm not sure there's much that can be done, especially since the book came shrinkwrapped, there wouldn't be an easy way to know what number it was.

Comment

Too bad about the numbering...hope Barry can get you squared away.

Yesterday I received my inscribed copy of Paul Tremblay's new one. The day before brought my signed and numbered copy of Joe Hill's THE FIREMAN from Goldsboro.

Comment

I fired off an email to Gauntlet. Fingers crossed something can be done.

Speaking of Paul Yremblay - I finally read Headful of Ghosts the other day. It freaked me out a bit, ok, more than a bit. It made me uncomfortable in a way that I haven't felt since the first parts of House of Leaves.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Too bad about the numbering...hope Barry can get you squared away.

Yesterday I received my inscribed copy of Paul Tremblay's new one. The day before brought my signed and numbered copy of Joe Hill's THE FIREMAN from Goldsboro.

Comment

Working...
                                X