No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just picked up a copy of S/L From a Buick 8 and GE of FDNS. Working towards getting caught up with all of the SK CD books. It's a nice collector goal.

Comment

That is a sharp Maberry book!

And also nice haul Bugen on the CP books, very tempting to go after despite currency exchange rate and shipping.

Comment

That is a killer Maberry... very enticing.

Thanks Highbury, and these books are sweet. Though I'm sure a far cry from the Masters of the Weird Tale books, of which I have exactly none. Good cloth, paper feels great, a few black and white photos each. great cover art, but no real bells otherwise (embossed cover, I guess). I can say they are high enough quality that when you're reading them, you are well aware you're not reading a book, but rather a production, much like the more expensive titles in their lineup.

Smack me for this one, but for some reason I do miss the nice endpapers.
        Last edited by bugen; 06-03-2014, 02:08 AM.
        “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
        -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Very,nice, Mike. I'll have to look at Mayberry, never heard of him.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Arrived today. I've read pretty much none of these (besides Beowulf), but am really looking forward to both

20140610_130005.jpg
            -John Barth

Comment

I am so jealous! Are those EP books? I know they released a nice volumes Medieval myth and lore recently that I missed out on.

Comment

Yep, these are the EP releases. To complement them I've got Myths of Greece and Rome on order, but am actually having some difficulty receiving it. Hope to have a new plan for that book by tomorrow... the 3 together are going to make a pretty sweet set of legends. Can't wait to dive into them.

Being broke doesn't matter if you've already got the book!
                -John Barth

Comment

Haha! Yeah I wish I could have grabbed them. I love Easton's products, just beautiful and I am a bit of a myth and folklore fan. A lot would be repeats, but it would be nice to get a high quality printing. Congrats on the nice grabs! Hopefully I'll have the chance to grab them in the future.
                  Last edited by Theli; 06-11-2014, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Great Adds! I have that catalog. But the funds....
                    Last edited by srboone; 06-11-2014, 03:36 AM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thank you guys. I'm a big fan of Easton products. It's interesting, since my first book of theirs purchased from eBay (Ender's Game!), I've run into so many haters, but I feel EP is the king of their particular niche. Their business model needs a serious update, though, as high-quality specialty presses are leaving them in the dust in areas like shipping and order fulfillment. I kid you not, I'm hovering somewhere around a 60% success rate with all EP orders. My Myths of Greece and Rome is supposed to be free to make up for how many times I've been screwed over, and I give them a lot of credit for this, but it's all a moot point if I never actually receive the book.

Will post a pick when I receive Myths of Greece and Rome. (See, I'm keeping the faith!)
                      -John Barth

Comment

Yeah they are really behind in the time. Ordering to Canada is nye impossible, and the packaging on the book I did order direct from them was atrocious! But I love their products. They are just well made handsome bindings. And I love the streamlined leather style. EP books just look nice on the shelf.

Comment

So... I'll take this down if it doesn't qualify, and arguments can certainly be made. But I wanted to share with you guys the latest awesomeness, received from work yesterday:

20140612_093127.jpg
                          Last edited by bugen; 06-12-2014, 04:52 PM.
                          -John Barth

Comment

Ha ha ha. Man I haven't seen that movie in years. Nice purchase!

Comment

Pamela Anderson in remastered high def.

Comment

I just got the WH Smith variant cover, so here are both UK Mr Mercedes versions:

John

Comment

Working...
                                X