Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
    Just picked up a copy of Splatterpunk ezine issue#5. Comes out on june 1st. really enjoyed issue 4
    Sweet!
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Went "sale"ing with my wife and daughter yesterday - there is a farmer's market/flea market not for from our house - grabbed a used book shelf (finally!!!!) for $5.00 - now all my books have a nice (cheap) home.

And...what's yard sale shopping without a couple book purchases! Grabbed 2 - A Son of the Circus by John Irving, and a Clive Cussler title I can't think of right now (book is at home, me at work).

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
          Went "sale"ing with my wife and daughter yesterday - there is a farmer's market/flea market not for from our house - grabbed a used book shelf (finally!!!!) for $5.00 - now all my books have a nice (cheap) home.

And...what's yard sale shopping without a couple book purchases! Grabbed 2 - A Son of the Circus by John Irving, and a Clive Cussler title I can't think of right now (book is at home, me at work).
          The best kind of home LOL!!!

Comment

I dig the book ends Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              The best kind of home LOL!!!
              I agree, a nice cheap home for the books is always good. Other than the tall one I got free from my parents all my bookcases are cheap ones from Fleet Farm. Not very expensive and they definitely do a good job.
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

I won't be able to post a picture until I go home at the end of next month, but I'm very excited about this one. I found a new copy of the Stealth Press limited Books of Blood on eBay for the same price it was issued at in 2001. Now I think my next stop is going to be the layaway department at Camelot for the lettered edition (if the ding on it isn't too bad--I emailed Kim to ask for a picture). This is definitely the year to grow my Barker collection.

Comment

Originally posted by jigertz View Post
                  I won't be able to post a picture until I go home at the end of next month, but I'm very excited about this one. I found a new copy of the Stealth Press limited Books of Blood on eBay for the same price it was issued at in 2001. Now I think my next stop is going to be the layaway department at Camelot for the lettered edition (if the ding on it isn't too bad--I emailed Kim to ask for a picture). This is definitely the year to grow my Barker collection.
                  Very nice. Congrats!

Comment

One of the most cynical yet largely true statements I've ever heard came as a teenager from the first girl I was crushed by: "You're not supposed to like your job. If you did, it wouldn't be called a job, it would be called a fun." Very rough day for me, but today's delivery helped when I got home, completing the set of 4:

20140529_183835.jpg

To all those out there who truly love what they do, congratulations on your talent, your drive and your luck getting you to where you wanted to go! I think in most cases it takes all 3 and then some.
                    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

I have never liked a job I have worked, in fact most have been hardly tolerable. Nice addition though!

Comment

Very nice looking set of books. Congrats.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Love the adds! And all the "jobs" I've had paid really well; but I quit those and found a "phoney-baloney" job (which is what I call a job that IS fun). It doesn't pay nearly as much, but I am much happier.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Thanks guys. I sat down with Mr. Blackwood this morning and read the first story to get a feel for the production, and it's high-quality Centipede stuff for a great price (about $40 each from B&N).
                            “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                            -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

My latest, signed by Bev Vincent:

John

Comment

Just got this from Kim over at Camelot Books today. Ghost Road Blues by Jonathan Maberry, first book of the Pine Deep trilogy. Looks Good! Have a great week.
                                MikeHPIM1489.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X