Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPIM1480.jpg

Ok! It's not a book, but it is my latest purchase! A Roto-tiller. Craiglist is great if you can avoid the serial killers, Black Widows and Rapist. The deals are almost always worth the risk.
    Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mhatchett; 04-16-2014, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Hmmmm... and what, pray tell, are you loosening all that soil for? More craigslist "deals"?
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
        Hmmmm... and what, pray tell, are you loosening all that soil for? More craigslist "deals"?
        Too many new garden spots!! LOL!!!

Comment

Well, here is my latest book purchase. Masters of the Weird Tale: Carl Jacobi Centipede Press. Look at the size of that Tome, 800 pages, Craftsmanship, Scholarship and Art, all rolled into one volume. I included the other book just for scale!! My gosh, they put out a tremendous product and are rescuing many lesser known, talented authors from obscurity.
          HPIM1485.jpg

Comment

Get buy, mike! I really am enjoying CP's Sax Rohmer volume as well.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I also just got a nice new Centipede Press book, though not nearly as epic as yours. Just about to post it my collection thread. Great add, Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                I also just got a nice new Centipede Press book, though not nearly as epic as yours. Just about to post it my collection thread. Great add, Mike!
                It must the season for posting Centipede Press books, as I will be adding a new entry to my collection thread as well, as soon as I have taken the photographs...
                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                - Stephen King

Comment

Nice, looking forward to seeing it! I got another on the way too.
                  Anyone remember the website that made custom slip and tray cases? Was thinking of investing in one or two if the price is right.

Comment

Dick Olson makes all those wood slipcases/traycases that collectors get wet over.

Here's his site:

https://www.bookslipcase.com/
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Good post. I have two of his cases and they are very well done.

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      Dick Olson makes all those wood slipcases/traycases that collectors get wet over.

Here's his site:

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post

Here's his site:

I'd love to have one of his cases, but being retired and on a more or less fixed income, I just can't afford them.

John

Comment

Same here, John. I had saved the money for one of his cases a few years ago, but he was busy with all the cases for The Shining and 'Salem's Lot that were being sold and the idea I had never materialized. Maybe at a later date...
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That was definitely the one I was think of. I wonder is there any other places that sell custom slip and tray cases.

Comment

Today I purchased Fire by Alan Rodgers and Survivor by J. F. Gonzalez off Abebooks - will take pics and add to my collection once they arrive.

Yes, I'm cheap!

Comment

Buying on Abebooks doesn't guarantee cheapness, there are a lot of overpriced items on there and the uninformed can easily be taken to the cleaners.

Comment

Working...
                                X