Saturday Yardsales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Great finds at a great price, congrats! I have to say my only freebie find so far was a tatty first edition copy of The Stand. I found that while attending a viewing. The funeral home had books-by-the-yard decorating, and The Stand caught my eye. I asked if I could take it, and they said yes
    Never pass up an opportunity to pick up a book LOL!!!

Comment

Ok, that Holmes lamp is just wonderful!
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        Ok, that Holmes lamp is just wonderful!
        Thanks Ron, I had to get it lol!

Comment

The Virginia War Memorial had a Charity Book Sale this Morning. I had a nice visit and picked up some interesting titles. Nothing over $4.00. I'm really looking forward to Yard Sale Season!!
          Virginia Wara.jpg

Comment

Technically, Yard Sale Sunday, but took my dog for a walk this morning. On the way back, we stopped at a yard sale. It was so good, I called my wife to meet me. She found a ton of garden stuff. But man did I score. Five vintage games for $5.00 each and a box of books, paperbacks $1.00, hardbacks $3.00. All the games are complete. The Outer Limits Game from 1964 blew my mind. Yard sales, BOOM or BUST!! Nuclear Boom for me today!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! I never seem to think about yardsales - although it's not yardsale season anymore (although for being mid-October we are still seeing 80 degree days . . .)

Comment

mhatchett Congrats on the great score. Interesting stuff and I love the old board games. So fun.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

That Outer Limits game looks incredible!

Comment

I had that Tank Battle game as a kid. Loved it! My brother and I would play it for hours on end. I think it is still at my parents' house.

Congrats on the amazing score!

Comment

The amazing thing is that they are all intact, I couldn't believe it. The boxes are in fantastic shape and the graphics on the boards are just terrific.

Comment

Holy moly!! That is a top 5 yard sale.

Comment

I came home with a truckload of books from a yard sale today LOL!! My wife snuck a picture of me sorting my finds. Unfortunately, some books ended up getting recycled, some are getting donated, some are getting sold, some are getting traded and a few I’m going to keep for myself. This is how I’ve supported my book collecting for 40 years. Our little dog Gracey is supervising. Tons of WWII books and odd collection of Terry Brooks and Alfred Bester…..

Truckloada.jpg

Comment

Bookcase 2.jpg   Out galivanting are going to the gym this morning.  Stopped at a little antique mall and bought a Bookcase.  Finding any kind of good/solid Bookcase under a $100.00 is always a challenge, I think.  This is a Metal 3 tier Barrister.  This is the kind of Bookcase that the Training NCO kept all of his Manuals in when, I was a kid, just in the Army.  Rock Solid, small chip in the glass, that's all. Well worth the sale price of $89.00.  Now where to put it HHA!!!

Comment

Very interesting (and wise pick up...get the bookcase first then worry about where to put it!) -- I don't think I've ever seen a metal barrister, at least not that I recall. That little emblem badge on the bottom board...any idea what that signifies, if anything?

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Very interesting (and wise pick up...get the bookcase first then worry about where to put it!) -- I don't think I've ever seen a metal barrister, at least not that I recall. That little emblem badge on the bottom board...any idea what that signifies, if anything?
                                  It is Definitely the manufactures mark.  I'll tell you what it is once I get it home.  I didn't want to wait for them to unload it, so I'm picking it up next week.  Plus that gives me more time to figure out where it goes LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                                X