X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Not to derail this thread any more, but while searching for the Kane book on Amazon, I found Hellraiser: Bloodline--The Original Screenplay by Peter Atkins. I had no idea this existed. I always found the fourth Hellraiser movie to be a compelling if deeply flawed movie, but at least a step in the right direction after Hell on Earth (which I do have a soft spot for because it is so offbeat, but it is decidedly not a "good" Hellraiser movie). I, of course, had heard that Bloodlines was butchered in production, so now I feel a deep need to buy this and see how it compares.

https://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-Bl...s%2C155&sr=8-1
    I've had my eye on that e-book for a while. It sounds interesting, even though I have never seen the movie.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Not to derail this thread any more, but while searching for the Kane book on Amazon, I found Hellraiser: Bloodline--The Original Screenplay by Peter Atkins. I had no idea this existed. I always found the fourth Hellraiser movie to be a compelling if deeply flawed movie, but at least a step in the right direction after Hell on Earth (which I do have a soft spot for because it is so offbeat, but it is decidedly not a "good" Hellraiser movie). I, of course, had heard that Bloodlines was butchered in production, so now I feel a deep need to buy this and see how it compares.

https://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-Bl...s%2C155&sr=8-1

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
     It was very, VERY well done. I loved it! TONS of Easter eggs for Holmes and Barker fans.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    How have I never heard of that Sherlock Holmes/Hellraiser book before?! Sounds incredibly intriguing!

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Been awhile since a Saturday Yard Sale post. First one of 2024. The Dinosaurs came home with me. They were part of the deal LO Yard Sale.jpg
     Nice haul! The Sherlock Holmes book was a great read. Kane did a better job with Barker's Cenobites in that book than Barker himself did in the dreadful SCARLET GOSPELS. I keep hoping Kane will revisit that crossover.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Been awhile since a Saturday Yard Sale post. First one of 2024. The Dinosaurs came home with me. They were part of the deal LO Yard Sale.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Oh wow, very nice -- that *is* a happy surprise. GW is known for their high-end wood barrister bookcases and separables...had no idea they even did metal ones like that. I have to kind of wonder if that's a bit of a rarity. Nice pickup, congrats!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Very interesting (and wise pick up...get the bookcase first then worry about where to put it!) -- I don't think I've ever seen a metal barrister, at least not that I recall. That little emblem badge on the bottom board...any idea what that signifies, if anything?

This is a surprise! Bookcase GWS.jpg

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Very interesting (and wise pick up...get the bookcase first then worry about where to put it!) -- I don't think I've ever seen a metal barrister, at least not that I recall. That little emblem badge on the bottom board...any idea what that signifies, if anything?
      It is Definitely the manufactures mark.  I'll tell you what it is once I get it home.  I didn't want to wait for them to unload it, so I'm picking it up next week.  Plus that gives me more time to figure out where it goes LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Bookcase 2.jpg   Out galivanting are going to the gym this morning.  Stopped at a little antique mall and bought a Bookcase.  Finding any kind of good/solid Bookcase under a $100.00 is always a challenge, I think.  This is a Metal 3 tier Barrister.  This is the kind of Bookcase that the Training NCO kept all of his Manuals in when, I was a kid, just in the Army.  Rock Solid, small chip in the glass, that's all. Well worth the sale price of $89.00.  Now where to put it HHA!!!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I came home with a truckload of books from a yard sale today LOL!! My wife snuck a picture of me sorting my finds. Unfortunately, some books ended up getting recycled, some are getting donated, some are getting sold, some are getting traded and a few I’m going to keep for myself. This is how I’ve supported my book collecting for 40 years. Our little dog Gracey is supervising. Tons of WWII books and odd collection of Terry Brooks and Alfred Bester…..

Truckloada.jpg

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Holy moly!! That is a top 5 yard sale.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    The amazing thing is that they are all intact, I couldn't believe it. The boxes are in fantastic shape and the graphics on the boards are just terrific.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    I had that Tank Battle game as a kid. Loved it! My brother and I would play it for hours on end. I think it is still at my parents' house.

Congrats on the amazing score!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X